PDA

View Full Version : wheels and suspension help needed

laurie
08-08-05, 09:25 AM
I have just bought a nova turbo derv. I owned one meny moons ago. can you remind me what other make wheels fit novas. (bmw) aslo when 15" on there and lowered 40 or 60 what arch work needs doing any help will be very great full. one more thing if any one has a copy of what wire goes on what when installing a astra digital dash it will be loved by this returning nova lover

Aragorn
08-08-05, 10:10 AM
with the correct wheels (ie ET45-49, no wider than 6.5") you will need very little in the way of arch mods for a 60mm drop

NO other car has wheels that fit correctly and this is the problem for getting wheels that fit vauxhalls properly. (yes some cars ie BMW and VW have wheels which will physically bolt onto the novas hubs, but they wont be fitting correctly and will scrape on everything)

astra digidash doesnt work too well on a td as the tacho provides a totally different signal to the petrol engines meaning your rev counter would be all over the shop

Jack
08-08-05, 10:11 AM
Nova is 4x100 et49 (but usually anything from 45 up is ok) cb 56.6 - you should be ok with most other Vauxhall 4 stud wheels. As for other manufacturer's wheels, Golf Mk1, 2 and 3; Polo; Passat; Lupo etc 4 stud wheels should fit although you'll need a very small collar as the centre bore is a little bigger.

Have a look on here (http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/fitmentguide.asp)

Arch mods will depend on wheel width and offset for 15's, although I had 6.5" width wheels on et38 with a drop of 60F/50R and only needed the rear arches rolling (but that was with pretty solid spax stuff lol)

if in doubt get them rolled. Better to be safe than sorry, and a bodyshop should be able to do a good job for under ?50 :)

Aragorn
08-08-05, 10:14 AM
et38 wheels on a nova is absolutely shite

tramlines all over the shop and they fit gash

u want et45-49 if u want the car to actually handle correctly

and if u think you can get a coller to take 56.6mm to 57mm i'd love to see your engineering bill as its gonna cost a fortune to get summat that accurate machined

Jack
08-08-05, 11:11 AM
Handling wasn't that bad :lol:

Hmm, you're probably right about the collar.... No idea on the cost as all my precision machining gets done for free :D