PDA

View Full Version : is this right

dooooney
07-08-05, 09:28 PM
ive just got my new 1.2 and transfurd the insurance from my 1.4 to this one but im still paying the same amount even tho its got a smaller engine engine imobiliser and central locking is this right or should i b paying less?

chears dooooney

Jack
07-08-05, 10:55 PM
You ought to be paying less - but I would guess it comes down the claim rate. The % of claims on Nova 1.2's is higher than on the 1.4's, thus increasing the premium. You often find some people get cheaper insurance on a 1.4, even a 1300SR, than a 1.2. Especially if the company in question has had a lot of claims on 1.2's.

CL won't do diddly for the insurance premium, and usually an Immobiliser will only drop it if its Thatcham approved and its been installed by a VSIB/Thatcham approved installer (with certificate to prove).

Philsutton
07-08-05, 11:03 PM
the'll bend you over if you go up an engine size but dont change it when you go down. I mean im paying the same amount on a 1.2 b reg as i wason my 2lt 16v

boredbloke
11-08-05, 11:54 PM
does that have anything to do with ur 5 door imitating the fire guy out of the fantastic 4 though?

Adam
12-08-05, 01:44 AM
TBH an insurance company will never give you money back.
My dad went from a group10 car to a group 5 car, and he even had to pay the ?25 charge to swap a vehicle :o :roll:
I can't really see any insurance company oweing you money tbh.

Jack
12-08-05, 11:30 AM
Is now a good time to mention the hassle and 6 months of constant writing to and phoning of HIC to get a refund on my insurance which I cancelled? :lol:

Adam
13-08-05, 01:27 AM
Is now a good time to mention the hassle and 6 months of constant writing to and phoning of HIC to get a refund on my insurance which I cancelled? :lol:
Suprisingly, when i cancelled my astra policy 3/4way through they had no probs, and sent a refund for ?300, which i received the next day.
That was liverpool victoria :)

dooooney
13-08-05, 01:57 AM
im gona change my insurence company and see what happebns