PDA

View Full Version : Before and after

scott.parker
07-08-05, 03:42 PM
Well as some of you mght know,or read i was in need of new tyres,well i poped over to neil's the other day and got some off his mate padge..

They wer needed asap to try and get me too llandow,but it still couldnt go as work is priority,and my vans brakes whent on friday so i need the nova for work :roll:

Well before and after pics.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6864/picture433small0so.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
You can see why i need the consentric (sp) mounts and to adjust my coilovers now..
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/181/picture432small6kn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Toyo's keeping me on road
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8868/picture431small0pf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Scott

ANDYRACER
07-08-05, 03:50 PM
U could have at least washed ur wheels first :roll: And nice bit of negative camber there. :lol:

scott.parker
07-08-05, 04:51 PM
Fuck cleaning it,makes the chavs think its a proper pice of shit when they try Light grandprix's in there C2vtrs :lol:

Philsutton
07-08-05, 04:57 PM
have you got a diff yet? then at least both tyres have the same wear on them when your spinning lol

scott.parker
07-08-05, 07:10 PM
have you got a diff yet? then at least both tyres have the same wear on them when your spinning lol

No mate not yet,not as flush with dolla like i was a few months back.

Scott

Riggy
07-08-05, 10:43 PM
f**k cleaning it,makes the chavs think its a proper pice of s**t when they try Light grandprix's in there C2vtrs :lol:

dont forget mr2 turbo's :lol:

Jack
08-08-05, 12:02 AM
Universal LED side repeaters? You chav :P

lol MR2 bunch of arse and their pretty boy drivers lmfao

scott.parker
08-08-05, 08:03 PM
Universal LED side repeaters? You chav :P

lol MR2 bunch of a*** and their pretty boy drivers lmfao

Umm i wish i had just removed them the first time insted of moving them down the wing.

Scott

Snowface
08-08-05, 09:25 PM
have you checked your tracking since fitting the coil-overs?

I had massive wear probs like your pics when i put a 60mm gmax on. After going through a set of tyres every 10 weeks i got the tracking checked and its a lot better. Still wears a bit from the camber but nothing like before.

The tracking was waaay out like this \ _ / aparently.

scott.parker
08-08-05, 09:31 PM
Well nope they havent been tracked,but its slightly out as it will pull a small amount to the left if i let go of the wheel.

But its mainly down to the fack the coilovers are set far too low and i have no C spaner to adjust,i need some Concentric (sp) top mounts so i can the set the camber up right once i have rased them then i think they wont wear as much,but as i say its not my daily drive so i shell be ok for a bit.

Scott

Paul
08-08-05, 10:46 PM
Dont mean to change the topic but I'm sure an MR2 Turbo would spank a Valver

Jack
08-08-05, 10:52 PM
Dont mean to change the topic but I'm sure an MR2 Turbo would spank a Valver
Of course it would

I could give it a run for its money though :wink:

Paul
08-08-05, 10:53 PM
Dont you have the same engine as an MR2 T in your GT4, but surely yours is heavier....

Jack
08-08-05, 10:59 PM
Not that much heavier, only about 100kgs; although depends on which MR2 turbo it is. Assuming its got the 3S-GTE (phase 3 import) engine then I'll get off the line quicker, he'll catch up from about 30-120 then over that I'll have him... apparently my top end is higher too...

Anyway if it catches up I'll aim for some corners :lol:

Paul
08-08-05, 11:01 PM
My mate has a phase 1 G-reg Import Turbo and the thing flies.

He seems to think that a valver will beat him, dont think valvers got a chnace in hell to be honest with you.

Rick Draper
08-08-05, 11:11 PM
Not that much heavier, only about 100kgs; although depends on which MR2 turbo it is. Assuming its got the 3S-GTE (phase 3 import) engine then I'll get off the line quicker, he'll catch up from about 30-120 then over that I'll have him... apparently my top end is higher too...

Anyway if it catches up I'll aim for some corners :lol:

The fact you have far higher transmission loss's is irrelivent then????? My money is on the Mr2 everytime.

benji
08-08-05, 11:42 PM
scott, does your mate get a lot of tyres because oli showed me his new part worn yokos today. they off the same guy?

scott.parker
09-08-05, 01:25 AM
The toyos wer new Ben,i got them off padge,neil's mate with the Red valver corsa that should of been at Llandow today,as for tyres of anyone els i do know a guy who can get part worn.used Slicks there used once or twice for hillclimbs,still yet to actualy get some on my astra gsi rims though.

As for the talk of the MR2 it was some guy that had been down Shakespeare race way,and was going home,and he tryed a Trafic light grandprix with me,he span up his rear wheels and lots quite badly,though he was very impressed as he had no idea novas could be quick :lol:

Scott

benji
09-08-05, 09:28 AM
the 2.0l corsa have a carbon bonnet? if so then he was there

scott.parker
09-08-05, 07:29 PM
Thats the one mate,nice car,funny how he's on his second set of speedlines affter having 17's :lol:

Philsutton
09-08-05, 07:33 PM
As for the talk of the MR2 it was some guy that had been down Shakespeare race way,and was going home,and he tryed a Trafic light grandprix with me,he span up his rear wheels and lots quite badly,though he was very impressed as he had no idea novas could be quick

i remember racing a mr2 turbo at pod, he said it had 300bhp, we got the same tims an speed. Think he was quite shocked really as i had about half the power he did.

dan16v
09-08-05, 10:24 PM
i believe you need eccentric top mounts for coil over don't you? thats what im running any way the fully adjustable type

scott.parker
10-08-05, 01:11 AM
i believe you need eccentric top mounts for coil over don't you? thats what im running any way the fully adjustable type

Well it has to be one of the two mate :wink: :lol:

yeah i wernt sure witch one it was,so excuse my poor knowledge.

Scott