PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Window Seals on the SR

Dod
06-08-05, 03:07 PM
I'm fitting the grey alu trim that goes round the SR's windows. The raer isn't a problem but the ones that go round the door are. Are the Window Seals the same? I'm not using the bottom strip cuz its wank to remove, but the other three, will they fit with my STD 1200i rubber seals?

mikey14sr
06-08-05, 07:09 PM
I think they might need the lip trimming a little bit, mine had a lower spec quarter-light rubber and the bottom lip was sitting on top of the metal strip, letting water sit behind which rotted the top of the door pretty badly.
Go careful if you do need to trim them though, and use a brand new blade in the stanley knife, even a slightly dull blade can cause very nasty cuts :wink:

Dod
06-08-05, 11:00 PM
Thanks mate, got them in and although it sits a bit awkward, Jobs a goodin. Painted them black, to match the Vynal and i've the DTM door mirrors and i wanted them to match the black backing plate, TBH, it doesn't make a lot of impact on the car. I'll get pics up tomorrow sure.

Jack
08-08-05, 09:47 AM
I'm not using the bottom strip cuz its w**k to remove
Easy :P especially if you're replacing it, don't need to worry about bending it then lol