PDA

View Full Version : Payback lol

Jack
05-08-05, 09:24 AM
Unlikely to be true, but nonetheless quite amusing:

"Four youths from Canberra, Australia pulled off a trick of breathtaking bravado in order to gain revenge on a mobile speed camera van operating in the area.

Three of the group approached the van and distracted the operator's attention by asking a series of questions about how the equipment worked and how many cars the operator could catch in a day. Meanwhile, the fourth musketeer sneaked to the front of the van and unscrewed its numberplate.

After bidding the van operator goodbye, the friends returned home, fixed the number plate to their car and drove through the camera's radar at high speed - 17 times. As a result, the automated billing system issued 17 speeding tickets to itself."

Read more on the Urban Legends pages at Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/snaptrap.asp).

Interestingly, just noticed this near the bottom:

...police officers have been nabbed by the speed cameras ... When peace officers are speeding in the course of carrying out their duties, such summonses are destroyed. But when they are not involved in chases or aren't in the process of racing to calls, they are fined just like anyone else.
So what about the off-duty copper that gone let off recently for doing 150-odd mph because he was "testing the limits of his car"?!?!

boredbloke
05-08-05, 01:10 PM
So what about the off-duty copper that gone let off recently for doing 150-odd mph because he was "testing the limits of his car"?!?!

yeah that was the biggest bit of bull ever!

I wonder if schmacher would be let off such a thing? I think not

sickrabbit
05-08-05, 05:07 PM
Razor you,ve reminded me of my old next doors son and his payback when we were kids( nothing to do with motors mind , just revenge ) . He used to do a paper round and one morning some old git cuffed him round his ear , it turned out my mate had pushed the paper right thru the old goats front door ( was raining didnt want to get it soaked - considerate in my opinion ) and the blokes dog ripped it to shreds. Later that day when it was dark this nieghbour - Brian , was spotted by my mum walking up and down on a grass verge opposite where we lived with a torch , a large stick and an open newspaper. My brother and I went to investigate . Turns out he was collecting dog toffee and piling it up in the middle of the open paper, when he had a fair mound he pulled the papers 4 corners together and twisted until a little package was formed . Then without a word he walked off . We followed .He got to where this bloke lived and placed the crude round package about 4 feet from his front door , my kid brother and I were in fits imagining the bloke undoing the package only to find hound cable - we certainly didnt expect what happened next . Brian pulled a small can of his dads lighter fuel out , squirted the package , set fire to it then knocked the door , walked to his front gate and waited... The bloke opened the door shouted , as we ran off , with a quick look back we saw the old git proceeding to stamp the blazing package out in his carpet slippers........I dont think I,ve ever larfed so hard , couldnt almost leg it . We were 12 at the time - I still wonder to this day where old Brian learnt that one from..... :wink:

mad-driver
05-08-05, 06:33 PM
Well i found it amusing, perhaps because i've often contemplated doing the same to a certain someone i dont like :lol:

Riggy
06-08-05, 10:38 AM
^^ i have a worse one for you ,which we did as kids :lol:

get a drawing pin and a bit of selotape and stick the pin through the selotape , the dip the end of then pin into a mentioned dog substance and use the tap to stick it over a persons door bell , and when its dark some people dont notice it and prick there finger on the pin :lol: and we did see a couple of people suck there finger like you do when you cut it

Philsutton
06-08-05, 01:11 PM
After bidding the van operator goodbye, the friends returned home, fixed the number plate to their car and drove through the camera's radar at high speed - 17 times. As a result, the automated billing system issued 17 speeding tickets to itself."

lmao, that would be great fun.

Another fun trick is to get a long bit of rope an tie it to two houses doors that are opposite then watch as they try to open theirs doors agasint each other

ANDYRACER
06-08-05, 02:59 PM
lmao, that would be great fun.

Another fun trick is to get a long bit of rope an tie it to two houses doors that are opposite then watch as they try to open theirs doors agasint each other

That is quality might try that one. A few people on my road i dont like plus it will work on the road for the chav scooter riders. :lol: