PDA

View Full Version : Harness's

Smee
04-08-05, 09:26 PM
alright guys just bought a nice set of 3 points for me car and wondering where is best place to postion the eye-bolts?
the rear is simple enough but what about up front where can i clip the belts to??

thanks
Andy

Stuart
04-08-05, 09:39 PM
there is a bolt hole just below your right hip on the drivers side and left on the passengers side. in the sill there.

as for the inner mount you maywell ahve to drill into the floor and put the eye bolt plates in

Dod
04-08-05, 09:59 PM
You can screw out ths seat belt reciever, the bit that has the red button and that your belt plugs into and use that, but its a bit harsh and very tight. Apparently, it wont pass the MOT?

Mike
05-08-05, 01:01 PM
thats how i done it, used the original brakcet an put it on to my subframes for my sparco's.

then bolted em to the C pillars in the back. looks sound, 1 false floor later and a bit of carbon paneling. look OE!

Stuart
05-08-05, 01:11 PM
id not have them bolted to the C pillars...... V dangerous. the angles are wrong and stuff.

use the two/one bolt holes in the floor for the side clips that were under the rear bench

Jack
05-08-05, 01:29 PM
id not have them bolted to the C pillars...... V dangerous. the angles are wrong and stuff.
If the C-Pillars collapse you could lose belt tension. Which could result in a very intimate moment between your face and the windscreen :o

mikey14sr
05-08-05, 06:11 PM
Isn't 45 degrees the correct angle for the rear strap? I seem to remember seeing somewhere that anything less (more vertical) would put too much downward strain on the seat holes and that any more (more horizontal) would just pull the backrest back.

Ste_Nova
06-08-05, 10:15 AM
i saw a guy with his rear harnesses onto the c pillar!