PDA

View Full Version : Under sealing?

nam
04-08-05, 12:35 AM
Well i was told on monday by the MOT test that the chassis ect is all sound on my car so i was wondering how much it would cost for me to book my car in to body shop to get it all under sealed? i thought i would get this done as it will save the car in the long run. also if anyone has had there battery tray replaced at a bodyshop could they tell me how much that was as well lol

thanks in advance.

Nam

bump
04-08-05, 03:26 PM
why bother booking it onto a body shop for undersealing when you can get a 2.5L tin of hammerite car underbody sealant for about ?5 and it takes about 2 hours to do.

i just did it in an aftenoon when ther was nothing else on.

-Bruce-
04-08-05, 05:33 PM
I would say ask the body shop how much it will be to underseel the full car. If its not alot and you want it done then get them to do it!! As doing it yourself when you dont have a 4 post lift etc will be hard!! dont want to be getting it all over your hand and in your hair etc!!

Bruce

nam
04-08-05, 07:03 PM
I would say ask the body shop how much it will be to underseel the full car. If its not alot and you want it done then get them to do it!! As doing it yourself when you dont have a 4 post lift etc will be hard!! dont want to be getting it all over your hand and in your hair etc!!

Bruce

thats what i thoguht, i didnt really fancey biging stuck under my car with very little room and getting it all over me.

nam

Dod
04-08-05, 10:02 PM
I did my car with under body sealent, its a rubbery primer coloured thing and is very handy to use. Power wash under the car, dry it with a blow lamp or heating gun and spray away like mad. Did mine i n me street one weekend, turned out great.

Adam
05-08-05, 12:13 AM
in your hair

That happened to me :wink: :lol:
and it ain't a laughing matter :roll: :lol: