PDA

View Full Version : Fibre Panels for sale

STE Novavanman
03-08-05, 09:26 PM
Ive had loads of peeps asking me to make up fibre panels for them i am looking to see how much interest there is if you tell me what you want and ill work out the price the more the cheaper i should be able to make anything just ask one off sideskirts bumpers can be done at a cost i can also do carbon fibre or kevlar
cheers
STEVE

benji
03-08-05, 10:42 PM
doors, mk2 wings, bonnet, tailgate, not too fussed on bumpers as they won't be much lighter than mine are now(unless you can do carbon ones)

get some prices up

Andy Jeb
03-08-05, 11:19 PM
How about door & rear interior trim panels? Always hear peeps asking about them, as well as me :D

doors, mk2 wings, bonnet, tailgate

I would be very intrested in these too. Get some prices together

Chris
03-08-05, 11:43 PM
ditto

Mike.
04-08-05, 07:40 AM
yeah get a price list together and i may be interested lol

Stuart
04-08-05, 07:55 AM
imho, id suggest not bothering with carbon or fibreglass, and just get a price on kevlar stuff as it bends rather than breaks so if you do nudge someone/thing you wont have such a massive repair bill on the way lol

id possibly consider MK1 wings, boot lid (if you can get it below 7Kg), door skins and bonnet (again if you can actually get it lighter than the steel one)

Mike
04-08-05, 07:58 AM
the interior boot panels, not the passenger side trim, the actull rear boot trim, as ive already got the cabin rear trim.

??????

nova1104
04-08-05, 10:17 AM
Mk2 carbon tailgate and bonnet (custom one) il pm you a pick of my bonnet when i get home as i want the same but lighter.

Jim
04-08-05, 10:58 AM
Interior panels: Front door cards (no holes for window winders though - just holes for door handle) Rear door cards, stretching from the rear seats through into the boot and the panel that covers the inside of the boot.

I have templates already made if that makes it any easier? Just so you know, the rear door cards are NOT the same shape. The drivers side arch is larger which i presume is because of the funnel for the fuel tank?

Jim

Mark T
04-08-05, 11:09 AM
I'd be interested in a bonnet and tailgate :D

coxie
04-08-05, 11:49 AM
be interested in mk2 bonnet wings doors n tailgate ..

also poss interior panels ;)

Matt2107
04-08-05, 12:43 PM
What about a panel to cover the part where the battery tray and wiper gubbins are kept?? cant remember what its called.

Mike
04-08-05, 12:46 PM
scuttle panel? not abad idea, i want one off them.

Matt2107
04-08-05, 12:51 PM
Thats the fucker

Jack
04-08-05, 12:52 PM
Steve's going to be a very busy boy :lol:

Fancy making me up some replica toyota skirts and bumper corners? :wink:

paul james
04-08-05, 02:33 PM
i would definitely buy doors and front wings, these would be good to make as no-one else does, there are a couple of places that sell fibreglass bonnets and tailgates.

mikey14sr
04-08-05, 03:16 PM
would be up for a set of doors, allthough the hinge problem would need looking at.

scott.parker
04-08-05, 08:53 PM
If you can do them to a very good standard and there really light i would have arches,outer door skin(and boot and bonet if cheeper then makes you can buy now) all in mark2 as for scuttles i stardet to make these and there was no reall intrest so i never botherd making anymore..

Thats the one i did for mine.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7660/p1010003small6nv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This one i did for a guy on mig from worcester.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4368/image067small4za.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

They are made of fomex(a flexie foam base board) then coverd in a choice of laminate covering.

Scott

STE Novavanman
04-08-05, 09:42 PM
right im starting the moulds tomorrow for the front wings and the bonnet should be about a week and ill be producing some first off fibre glass is strongest against impacts as is kevlar the only prob with carbon it is brittle and impact is not as strong as for forces such as turning pushing pulling fibre glass is not as strong carbon and kevlar are much better so i will be able to mix these up such as fibreglass panel with carn kevlar at the corners and stress points ill work out price tomorrow and will note down the items everyone wants and what price i can do them for.

Cheers all Steve

and jck if you get me a se of celica bumpers ill make a mould just for you and do you something special eg carbon kevlar standard bumpers as ur a mate and ram air duct runnung from the lower front air intake

STE Novavanman
04-08-05, 09:53 PM
oh and as for the one piece front end and back end mine will be the first car with this to be done and if it works will make a mould but could take months and jim if you send me the templates will have a look could even imprint your name in the doorcards etc

Dod
04-08-05, 09:56 PM
mark2 as for scuttles i stardet to make these and there was no reall intrest so i never botherd making anymore..

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7660/p1010003small6nv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I'd be interested in one of those. Is that the same stuff they make PVC Facia and Sofit out of?

Jack
04-08-05, 10:13 PM
and jck if you get me a se of celica bumpers ill make a mould just for you and do you something special eg carbon kevlar standard bumpers as ur a mate and ram air duct runnung from the lower front air intake
No bumpers to spare at the moment :( air duct sounds good though...

Mike.
04-08-05, 10:14 PM
right im starting the moulds tomorrow for the front wings and the bonnet should be about a week and ill be producing some first off fibre glass is strongest against impacts as is kevlar the only prob with carbon it is brittle and impact is not as strong as for forces such as turning pushing pulling fibre glass is not as strong carbon and kevlar are much better so i will be able to mix these up such as fibreglass panel with carn kevlar at the corners and stress points ill work out price tomorrow and will note down the items everyone wants and what price i can do them for.

Cheers all Steve

looks like you've got it all sorted out ste :wink:

Nick
04-08-05, 10:23 PM
just make me a whole carbon shell if you have time. cheers

Jack
04-08-05, 10:25 PM
I was waiting for someone to say that :lol:

That'd be a pretty big mould! :lol:

Imagine Nick measuring up a scale diagram, with dimensions, of that... :o :lol:

Nick
04-08-05, 10:29 PM
i'l survey a nova for the mould !

remember jack it's all about triangulations...... and a degree in physics !

if you have trouble moulding the holes on the tailgates, here's one i made earlier lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/5d6e6cc0.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0890.jpg

anyway, here is is = note my little shit CAD drawing - yes it really did take me 5 seconds lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/0e3d34b8.jpg

Along the top are some additional dimensions - use these to check the position of your holes once you have done the step below !

EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS

W - point A 700mm
W - point B 1240mm

X - point A 895mm
X - point B 970mm

Y - point A 965mm
Y - point B 895mm

Z - point A 1245mm
Z - point B 695mm

INTERNAL DIMENSIONS

W - point A 700mm
W - point B 1230mm

X - point A 890mm
X - point B 960mm

Y - point A 960mm
Y - point B 890mm

Z - point A 1230mm
Z - point B 700mm

ADDITIONAL DIMENSIONS

top of tailgate - W = 60mm
top of tailgate - X = 61mm
top of tailgate - Y = 60mm
top of tailgate - Z = 57mm

Mike.
04-08-05, 10:32 PM
I was waiting for someone to say that :lol:

That'd be a pretty big mould! :lol:

Imagine Nick measuring up a scale diagram, with dimensions, of that... :o :lol:

i can't my brain hurts just thinking about it :lol: :lol:

BigRuss
04-08-05, 11:32 PM
Steve,

Don't know how serious you are but I'll definately have a pair of Kevlar wings and a passenger door, door could be grp but not bothered about price too much so kevlar would be preffered. I already have a drivers door which I haven't fitted yet.

If/when I get these the only external panels which would be metal on my car then will be the rear quarters :o 8)

Keep me updated as I've been after a pair of wings for 2 years!! I am sick and tired of changing front wings after every rally!!!!!

scott.parker
05-08-05, 12:21 AM
mark2 as for scuttles i stardet to make these and there was no reall intrest so i never botherd making anymore..

I'd be interested in one of those. Is that the same stuff they make PVC Facia and Sofit out of?

No mate that is PVC as you say not foamex :wink:

Scott

Mark T
05-08-05, 03:04 PM
Would you be interested in making a GRP Air box to fit over the ends of my TB's, which could mate up to a bonnet vent?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/Markjont1/baylr.jpg
Something like this but in GRRRRP

Dod
05-08-05, 07:32 PM
Nick, you need to get out more. :lol:

STE Novavanman
05-08-05, 08:22 PM
Right started the prep for the bonnet and wings bonnet out of carbon fibre will range between 300 and 400 pounds in carbon fibre and 200 for fibre glass if anyone can find lower prices on the net tell me and give me link and inner doors and rear covers around 200 for all 4 panels in carbon kevlar will add 100 to each but the finish will be perfect and i can add vents and other things on the design

krobinson
05-08-05, 09:37 PM
I'll be interested in a full set of Carbon door cards, with the rears continueing into the boot. I'll want to see some good pictures before i part with any cash tho.

Keith

STE Novavanman
05-08-05, 09:46 PM
will do keith if anyone wants to chat to me add me to msn messanger novavanman@hotmail.co.uk

Dan
05-08-05, 10:05 PM
bonnet out of carbon fibre will range between 300 and 400 pounds in carbon fibre and 200 for fibre glass if anyone can find lower prices on the net tell me and give me link

grp bonnet ?75+vat

http://www.rallyusedparts.co.uk/showcopagenew.cfm?pagekey=protec01#Nova%20Fibregla ss%20&%20Kevlar

STE Novavanman
05-08-05, 10:18 PM
Cheers mate if i get enought interest ill do them for 75 quid all in and ill add any vent you want if you possess one you want on it also ask them the weight of there grp bonnets i bet i can under cut it if pinned down in 4 place

benji
05-08-05, 10:38 PM
i'll have one at that price, not even fussed about hinges as i am using bonnet pins

STE Novavanman
06-08-05, 10:54 AM
Right im having alot of prrps asking me about price and this is the breakdown on what the price might consit

How many Layers of matt
How many coats of gel coat (eg finish shiney or matt)
What kind of material (eg kevlar, carbon/kevlar, carbon, fibre glass, fibre glass/carbon and so on)
What vents you want and additions
Any supports for strength
and finally how much to make up a mould?

Jim
06-08-05, 01:19 PM
Steve, I don't want to jump the gun, but you could be on to a nice little money spinner if you can do them to a high enough quality.

Good luck with it, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics :)

Jim

Dod
06-08-05, 03:04 PM
Ste, i just want a price for middle of the road Fibre glass Wings, nothing too special but something half decent,, although the finish must be A1, as for the bonnet, as long as its strengthened where the hinges mount, thats me sorted.

STE Novavanman
06-08-05, 03:34 PM
you wont want hinges you will want pins far better and keeps the bonnet straighter the hinges also for the weight it would be it would lift off with one hand

Nick
06-08-05, 03:37 PM
i'l have a firbeglass everything with loads of vents everywhere..

seriously, i may be interested in a firbeglass/carbon/kevlar boot, bonnet, wings and doors

just out of interst, what do you do for a living ?

STE Novavanman
06-08-05, 03:52 PM
i make carbon fibre and fibre glass item for example

bmw mini panels
jeep one piece shells
fake walls
doors
aeroplanes
mod jeep parts
bedford parts
anymore you wanna know
fake chimneys
speakers
flat sheet fibres anything really

Mike.
06-08-05, 08:08 PM
fibreglass/ carbon/ kevlar, doors , wings and bonnet would really suit my nova, not a tailgate though as i've already got a fibreglass one

RJM25R
07-08-05, 10:23 AM
i'm interested in carbon scuttle panel, carbon dashboard, carbon steering column shroud, carbon DTM mirrors (i have a pair of mattig ones for u to use as a mould if required?) carbon centre console.

would u be able to make these parts, in glossy finish? How much would they cost?

STE Novavanman
25-08-05, 06:05 PM
you all wanted a sample of my work well here it is door cards are drying at mo so should have piccys soon this is 17 layers of carbon fibre

STE Novavanman
25-08-05, 06:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/novavanman/P8250057.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/novavanman/P8250058.jpg

Jim
25-08-05, 06:16 PM
Sorry to be a pain, but any chance of some photos that aren't blurred?

Jim

STE Novavanman
25-08-05, 06:23 PM
lol i wish slow fucking reacting lense will do toommoorrrrooww as of to garage to check on my door skins and bonnet also doing one off dash see you guys next week lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
25-08-05, 06:28 PM
LOL, cheers ste :)

Jim

scott.parker
25-08-05, 06:34 PM
Will be nice to see the dash mate,i know a guy from PVG Europe had one in a corsa.

Scott

Mike
27-08-05, 09:28 PM
he's gonna be minted when he's produced all these panels!!

Scott, is there any chance you could nock up a scuttle panel for me in a carbon fibre or stainless steel/chrome effect?

if so, how much?

i can pick up so you'll see my latest additions to the old stolen recovery mobile!! :lol:

Mike

namkeaps
28-08-05, 10:48 AM
hi mate, how much are we looking at for fibreglass mk2 wings and bonnet?

cheers

alistairolsen
28-08-05, 09:35 PM
can you do fibre front wings which fit properly? hard to get them to fit with original fit panel gaps!!

If so, how much in grp?

These scuttle panels, anyone got any gen on how they are fixed into place, and a template for them?