PDA

View Full Version : alarm arming

dooooney
01-08-05, 06:30 PM
hey all as i sed last time i posted about my alarm it was not arming from the keyfob so i looked at all the posible posibilitys for it adn couldnt fix it.
but yesterday i got a central locking kit with keyfobs so i was thinking can i arm and disarm my alarm from my new fobs if i wire it up to the switch on the dash to turn the alarm on and off. its a 4 door kit and i got a 2 door so can i wire it up to one of the senders for another door as im useing one of the other motors for a boot popper kit toa button so can i do this?

chears
dooooney

NickWalliams
01-08-05, 08:56 PM
Had a similar problem the other day,

check your door motors and check that the antenna is plugged into your alarm oh and check the key fob battery

dooooney
01-08-05, 09:33 PM
no it happened when i changed the keyfob batt lol prob needs retuneing

Spud
02-08-05, 03:33 PM
When my alarm did this, i called the guy who fitted it and he came back and just reset it all somehow. try getting in touch with the manufacturers if nothing else works, they probably have a troubleshooting guide or something.

And are you sure about using one of the spare actuactors as a boot pop, as every time you unlock the doors, you're also going to open the boot, a bit annoying having to close it each time you get in the car!

dooooney
02-08-05, 06:13 PM
ahhh ha spud im making a button on the dash for it so i dnt have the problem lol and i can contact the manufactuars as it is clifford and there american and the car is 2nd hand i dnt get the alarm done the man b4 did