PDA

View Full Version : Praise the lord!

Stoo
01-08-05, 05:33 PM
Was in a huge smash last night!

I waant driving, a friend was!

Was going downhill into an off camber slightly damp right hander, not speeding. Clipped passenger side kerb, sent us up onto drivers side two wheels pointing into oncoming lane, dropped back onto all four wheels and car dug in and rolled twice, hit the other kerb bounced up into a big bush other side of road and flipped end over end onto roof and came to a stop on opposite side of road in a ditch facing opposite direction we were travelling on the passenger side!

Passenger side, side airbag deployed and both front pretensioners went aswell!

New shape Micra 05 plate! Safe in a crash but unstable!

Escaped with cuts and bruises both of us, lucky to be alive really!
Cars a complete write off but thats not important!

Worst thing about it was that it was a courtesy car!

Just glad it wasnt mine!

General Baxter
01-08-05, 05:41 PM
just think, if you were in a nova, it would have been worse!

Nick
01-08-05, 06:02 PM
lol you would have cried if it was your nova lol - is a fine looking beast

Micras - i allways knew they had to be good at something lol

srs1
01-08-05, 06:10 PM
glad you are ok matey.

i hate micra's for that very reason. got blew into oncoming traffic whilst driving one. i refuse to drive or be a passenger in one, now

Jack
01-08-05, 07:37 PM
Phew! Sounds like you were lucky, could have been worse!

Doesn't surprise me for a Micra though, they look unstable even when they're parked.

Bet anyone coming the other way must have shat themselves to see you rolling across the road! :o

Riggy
01-08-05, 08:30 PM
:o bloody hell stu

glad to hear your ok matey

ANDYRACER
01-08-05, 08:36 PM
Unlucky mate, but nice to know that side airbags do work.

ade
01-08-05, 10:35 PM
lucky - micra (laughs) - its basically a bubble so you could have rolled and rolled and rolled and roled...

:roll:

how come courtesy car? is mates car in garage being repaired or summut?

Theyre gonna p1ss their pantys when they see it

:x :lol: :(

glad your okay though!

Ade
:wink:

Stoo
02-08-05, 12:10 AM
Cheers for your comments guys, nice to know people actually care, even peeps ive never met or even spoke to! Means alot! Kinda brings it back home an event like this, lifes prescious and shouldnt be taken for granted!

If i could get some pictures of the car i will just to show u how lucky we were! VERY VERY VERY! Apparently if the windscreen had smashed, we would have been goners, the rear section of the roof after the Bpillars had caved in so if the windscreen had gone, according to the recovery guys/police/ambulance guys it would have caved in too!

A concern of mine was the what if factor, if charli were on her own she would have been fooked, on a deserted country lane, no one passing at time of accident and from the road u couldnt see the car! Luckily i managed to flag someone down!

Another thing that scared me was that we slid over and flattened a steel fence post, if we landed on it it would have pierced the car and gone thru me, cos it was beneath the passenger door! EEEK!

It was a courtesy car as her car is in for repair as a drunk driver hit hers!Shes ony been driving 6 weeks! Bless her, two major incidents already! Touch wood it never happens guys and drive safe!

srs1
02-08-05, 05:53 PM
it did sound like you were very lucky from what you were saying last night fella.

hopefully you dont have any more problems with her driving and she doesn't get put off.

hope to see you at trax fella. you have my details if you wanna join us again, or i'll join you :wink: