PDA

View Full Version : Black vinyl on GSI - Does this come off ok?

macmillan02
01-08-05, 03:57 PM
Does the black vinyl stuff up the side ot the door and the boot come off ok? Heat gun to get it off or will it peel off?

DANN1NOVA
01-08-05, 09:30 PM
yep just heat it very gently and peel as u heat that way it comes off in one bit. :wink:

Jack
01-08-05, 09:37 PM
Auto glym tar remover is good for getting any residue glue off

Dod
01-08-05, 09:59 PM
Does the black vinyl stuff up the side ot the door and the boot come off ok? Heat gun to get it off or will it peel off?

You mean the stuff between the Side windows and the Doors? I fancy ripping mine off but i thought it was a Body Shop Job though. Is it that handy to do?

DANN1NOVA
01-08-05, 10:04 PM
its just like a big sticker if you mean the stuff on the B-post and lower hatch.....just heat and peel . :)

Adam
02-08-05, 12:32 AM
It does just peel off, but leave it on :wink: 8)

Gingersnaps
02-08-05, 07:26 PM
It does just peel off, but leave it on :wink: 8) most sensible quote in this post lol, im putting vinyl ON my nova as i think it looks sweeeeet lol

Mike.
02-08-05, 08:09 PM
i bought a GSi tailgate and i left the vynal on it as i liked it, i think you should leave the vynal on imo

Dod
02-08-05, 09:12 PM
It does just peel off, but leave it on :wink: 8)

Its an SX, and i wanna fit the Grey SR Trim for Round the windows, but the Vynal is about half an inch short, top and bottom. Dont worry, i have nice NEW Vynal to fit over it. :D

Rob-16v
02-08-05, 09:21 PM
iv been trying to peel that stuff off mine and it jst rips everytime i get a grip, iv use heat gun on it and that didnt work for me.think ill get the air sander on it wen it goes of painting.

Dod
02-08-05, 09:43 PM
Thats exactly what i'm scared of too. I haven't the money to get it repaired if i fuck it up.

DANN1NOVA
02-08-05, 10:04 PM
iv been trying to peel that stuff off mine and it jst rips everytime i get a grip, iv use heat gun on it and that didnt work for me.think ill get the air sander on it wen it goes of painting.ur heating it to long u need only a few seconds then peel bit at a time trust me it will come off ok ive done two of em myself. :wink: