PDA

View Full Version : NEXT CAR

Anonymous
30-06-01, 12:27 PM
so the time is coming for me to trade in the nova for another car,
thing is i dont know wot to get. i have the problem of insurance being only 18 so i have been thinking:
nova 1400sr/sri
corsa 1.2 16v
seat arosa 1.4 (100bhp some of em!)
saxo west coast

please dont be to harsh on the fact that i may be getting a corsa or a saxo! all i want is some power steering!
wot u all think of the seat? i think they are quite nice and i like the geezers one in max power
ne ideas people :-/
cheers in advance,

oh and wot is everyone else getting for their next car? another nova or moving on to something else?!?

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
30-06-01, 12:32 PM
I'm still really tempted by a calibra, but I also want to own a 2.0 16v nova first!!! just to experience the speed. I went to have a look at a Metallic Green 16v Calibra with cream leather interior last night, sooooooo tempted!!! I don't know what I am going to do yet though.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
30-06-01, 03:13 PM
yeah i will definatly b owning a 2.0 nova one day!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
30-06-01, 04:04 PM
the saxo westcoast,does seem nice,sorry peeps,but I like the rally style looks of em! I personally would go for a mk2 1.4SR,and tune the arse off of it

Anonymous
30-06-01, 04:19 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking i fancy a quicker nova.....
1.4sr
full system
cam
head work
k&n
40s?!
hmmmmmmmm ideas ideas!!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
30-06-01, 06:04 PM
er dont the westcoast have the gay colour interior, where everything is a diff colour??

try an Ibiza!! they are cool as fook

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
30-06-01, 08:29 PM
I was just thinking Ibiza!-I really fancy one now,have to test drive one,if their any good get one in a year or 2

Anonymous
01-07-01, 07:39 PM
ibiza or arosa or 206 thats me final few........although 1.4sr twin 40s!!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
01-07-01, 10:40 PM
it depends on how much money you have to spend on a car. If you have 3k plus then go for a nicer car with power steering. One of the main reasongs i got a pug was i always wanted one, and its cheap inurance. being only 1.6 but insurance group 5, met paint, power steering, leccy sunroof and all ther other luxuries of the newer cars.

It also depends on what image you want to go for. If you are in a decent job where you have to go to loads of meetings then i would reccomed a corsa or saxo.

Im not saying novas have a bad image, but for business theres nothing nicer than a curvy metallic car. its all about first impressions.

It all comes down to personal taste, if you like a car then dont be bothered about what other people say about it.

Just go for a test drive in them all, and see which is the most fun to drive - because if you pay alot for it, your bound to be keeping it for 2 years plus on average.

cheers

Davo

Anonymous
01-07-01, 10:41 PM
not a 206!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
02-07-01, 09:26 AM
Ive decided to hunt down a mint nova diamond in a few months,and drop a 1.3/1.4SR engine in and some other goodies,I want the bodywork n chassis in as good a condition as poss,not bothered about the engine really,plus all the electrics need to work!-I will use my car for spares...

Anonymous
02-07-01, 10:28 AM
RALLY STYLE! WEST COAST!

Sorry bob but which planet you from?

Don't get the west coast it is dog slow!

B-)As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!B-)

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
02-07-01, 10:29 AM
I want a navy blue Cavalier GSi 2000 on 17" gold rims...absolutely mint cars...(that's in 3 years when i get rid of the points on my dirty licence)

or a calibra...u can get them well cheap now, and they are classy, sporty, stylish motors...

[-pedburnout.gif-]
(_)_)////////D suck it and see!
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
02-07-01, 10:47 AM
Hmm next car. A nice stripped out white 1.6 nova on 40's (hopefully). Then a Valver engine in current nova.

After that a jap missile. Depending on wage at time (2 years) one of (MR2 Turbo, Toyota Supra TT, Evo 6 or Skyline).

B-)As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!B-)

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
02-07-01, 03:17 PM
sorry bout the westcoast stuff,I fancy a rally replica,and thats probably the only car I could insure,and it has the bodykit to start with.
Can anyone tell me wot colours the nova diamond came in?-I have seen the metallic grey which is sweet,the metallic blue,which is nice when clean,but I saw a metallic red one today,not sure bout the colour tho,is there any other colours this rare car came in?

Anonymous
02-07-01, 03:33 PM
mmmmmmm, pug 205 gti dimma, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Would like one of the following for my next car, which i may get in may/june next year:

205 GTi Dimma
5 GT Turbo
Punto GT Turbo
MK1 Astra GT/E

Mmmmmm, turbo.

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:21 AM
so then it aint a west coast! i think ur right though it would have to be a vts/vtr if i got a wanko!
i like the corsas, theres a kit that i saw on one, it looked like a jap style front, i saw it on one of the pictures from donny, ne got ne other pictures/info on it cause it looked mint

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:29 AM
Please don't tell me your talking about the new kingdom front end for the corsa.

it looked bad on the nova and looks even worse on the corsa!

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:35 AM
Was it the one in the Kingdom Developments stand???? If so then it was just the pinky bumper made to fit the Corsa(as far as I know) It looked a bit wank to be honest, cos the rest of the car was too standard for the bumper.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 08:46 PM
yeah i have had another look @ that and i think that its to hard for the curvy corsa, and its also gonna be WELL expensive!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:12 PM
bob....the Diamond was available in Metallic Black as well.

Go for a later one though from May 1990 ish.
They are only available in the Grey or Blue, but are the ones with elecy windows, slide/tilt sunroof, SR/GTE/GSi alloys, tints etc. The older ones (mt Black or mt red only I think) didn't have anywhere near as good spec....no sunroof, no alloys, no elecy windows!!!

Anonymous
05-07-01, 12:44 PM
try a punto sporting, dirt cheap insurance and piss all over a west cost. look nice with a set of 16's and lowered. go for the 1.2 16v not the 1.6. (smoother engine and cheaper tax) Agree that Arosa,s and ibiza,s are nice though. If you are looking at a 1.4 west cost try a 106 quicksilver instead. better looking and more street cred, resale values should be higher as well. Just thought id throw a few more into the pot.

Anonymous
06-07-01, 02:22 PM
i have gone of the idea of a west coast due to the fact that cambridge was right, the interiour is for queers!
as for the punto, cheers mate aint thought of one of them

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
07-07-01, 01:05 PM
i know what you mean mate about the insurance, for 17 and 18 yr olds its the biggest swizz ever. i own a 1.0 at the mo, it still nippy and not too bad insurance wise.go 4 the sr \ SRi then work your way up, I.E then GTE, GSi, etc etc, keepin each one for a few years

And God said, "Let there be the GSi"

Anonymous
07-07-01, 07:47 PM
GSI is gonna be next mate,
?1213 for a 18 on a gsi!
:D

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
10-07-01, 01:03 PM
lets face it novas are too old now n too much hassle, *(although most definately worth the effort if you can be assed) as I can't be assed think I'll go for a 106 rallye or a corsa gsi next.......oops

Anonymous
10-07-01, 09:49 PM
yeah i have changed me mind on a nova.......BMW 318i j reg! :D cant wait

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
10-07-01, 09:51 PM
Well personnally I am in the same predickiment, I am 18 have a 1.4 sr and am thinking of changing. I either fancy 1.4 sri corsa (black) or a 1.6 Golf driver, cause I love golfs. My mate has a saxo west coast, and it goes well, he has a k&N on which sounds well, but his dad bought him the car, so its alright for him, but I could not afford one of them. U could always get a 106 Rallye, their mint! 1.3, 100bhp, the older ones are!!!

Anonymous
10-07-01, 09:56 PM
I'd like to see you try and insure a vts at 18, any insurance company would laugh in ya face. vtr insurance is pretty steep too. West coast are canny fast, u can always do soem engine mods, if ya wnt more speed! They do have those dodgy multi - coloured seat belts, but that can be fixed, and besides people dont really notice them!