PDA

View Full Version : Big-Block Bottom Pulley

_JH_
31-07-05, 09:31 PM
I need a bottom pulley from a non-pas cav/astra to fit to my 20SEH engine.

Is it only the 2.0 non-pas cars that I can get the pulley from? Or will one from a 1.6 or 1.8 fit?

Need to know as it'll broaden my search.

Cheers

Aragorn
01-08-05, 10:31 AM
there doesnt seem to be any distinction between PAS and non-PAS equipped cars in either astra or cav 20seh motors

the astra ones are all dual belt and the cav one has one for aircon cars and one without aircon but even the non-aircon pulley is still dual belt?

to answer your question they are also fitted to 18SE astras most 20NE motors in cavs and callys and carltons but im almost certain all these are gonna have pas as theres no mention of a non-pas single belt pulley for most of these cars

Philsutton
01-08-05, 12:42 PM
just machine the outer pulley off

_JH_
02-08-05, 10:39 PM
I take it you got all that from the EPC Aragorn? cheers for looking. I'll just have to have a dig around in the scrap yard and see if they are about.

As for 'machining' it, I'll turn it down on the lathe as a last resort, I just don't think I can get it to fit properly in my chuck, so I'll have to either make something up to hold it or use someone else' lathe. more of a pain in the arse than finding one in a scrappy, but if thats the case then so be it.