PDA

View Full Version : nova sri startin prob

jamesbes
31-07-05, 07:53 PM
i got j plate nova sri it being runnin bit ruff all week popin and chugin. went out this morin and it was same but then went got bk in to go to home it woulden start it went to then cut out then it wouldent atall it just turned over and over but never fired up what could it be?

Adam
31-07-05, 08:02 PM
Does it try to fire and run, or does it just turn over withotu attempting to fire?

Check for a spark
and check fuel is getting to the inlet manifold.

jamesbes
31-07-05, 08:23 PM
it just turns over na fire

hendrix
31-07-05, 09:59 PM
try the dizzy, take it out and see if the plastic drive thingy has snapped

Aragorn
01-08-05, 10:32 AM
surely your brain should tell you "hold on a second my cars popping and chugging, that means somethings wrong with it and i should stop driving it and get it repaired" :roll:

-tucny-
01-08-05, 03:47 PM
chuggin n poppin! sounds like a band from the early ninetys!

anyway, if it chugs and sputters then either the fuels not burning (no spark) or there is no fuel to burn or the fuels contaminated.

so, take youre plugs out one by one and check for a spark. if theres no sparks and your plugs are fouled, clean them and try again. if theres still no spark check your dizzy, rotor blade, leads etc etc...

if the sparks fine check your fuel. have you got any?, is there no stink of petrol when you pull the plugs out?, can you hear your fuel pump? test and measure the fuel from each injector.

check you coolant and oil levels, if you headgaskits foooked then the fuel will get contaminated and wont burn hence the chuggin and poppin!