PDA

View Full Version : ** Corsa question - GTE engine

Barn
29-07-05, 09:23 PM
hi, just a quick question about fitting a 1.6 GTE engine in a corsa b...

are corsa/nova driveshafts the same? If not...what gearbox, flywheel, driveshaft combo will I need to get it in the corsa?

I have asked the same question on Mig and Corsasport and I might as well have not bothered, lol!

cheers lads

p.s its good to be back :)

Ste_Nova
30-07-05, 12:19 AM
i've done this conversion... use corsa shafts and mounts.... only change the engine/box and injection parts

Barn
30-07-05, 01:05 AM
not 100% what you mean mate....

is this correct:

use Nova gearbox/engine and then corsa driveshafts and mounts (going to twin carb the engine so no need for injection, ECU etc)

I was thinking of using the Nova MPi fuel pump...will this work ok with the carbs (i.e. have enough pressure compared to a facet pump)?

cheers

doug_sri
30-07-05, 10:12 AM
not 100% what you mean mate....

I was thinking of using the Nova MPi fuel pump...will this work ok with the carbs (i.e. have enough pressure compared to a facet pump)?

cheers

i might be wrong but i was told when i put my xe on carbs that you need a facet style pump as they only run at 6-7psi (redtop pump) which is right but the normal fuel pump provides around 100psi or something. You might be able just to use a fuel pressure regulator but i am sure someone will let you know if i am completely wrong

Philsutton
30-07-05, 12:01 PM
my brothers did this conversion on their car, use nova box, corsa shafts and mounts like said. Goes straight in. They used a corsa GSI pump as it was a 1.4i first off. Apart from that its no different from putting in a nova. Also my brother use the GSI pump on twin 40's but have a fuel regulator to big it down a bit.

Barn
30-07-05, 06:17 PM
sound advice lads, cheers

where can I get a suitable regulator and what am I looking for?

:+:

Barn
03-08-05, 11:34 PM
twin 40's idea is out the window for the moment unfortunately, need to pay for deposit on insurance renewal so will be using the GTE ECU + stuff now... nevermind will just have to put it on hold for a couple of months

the corsa is a basic one... 1.2 Spi so easier to work on than the newer shape corsa b's so how is the wiring/loom side of things when putting the GTE engine in? any awkward bits?

cheers again