PDA

View Full Version : magnex exhaust

Marsden
29-07-05, 05:25 PM
just bought a stainless steel magnex exhause from the cat back to go onto my 1.4 spi. just wondering if it will make much of a difference in the old ponies?

Ste L
29-07-05, 07:23 PM
magnex don't make cat back exhausts for the 1.4 spi's
only make them for the 1.3/1.4 sr, 1.6 GTE/GSi, 1.4 SRi/1.6 GSi (with Cat)

you have probably bought the 1.4 sri one....
so i think you will either need a 1.4sri/gsi manifold, downpipe and cat/decat to fit it

probably see a small increase, not much though

mad-driver
29-07-05, 07:27 PM
Made a good improvement on mine, though mine is a 1400 SR so no CAT, getting that taken off may help

Marsden
29-07-05, 07:27 PM
cheers for the advice m8, i bought it of ebay and it is a nova GTE magnex stainless steel exaust system from cat back and it say that it will fit any nova with a cat. failing this if it dont i will by the manifold and downpipe because it was just to cheap to miss. can always go to powerflow or sumone like to sort it for me cheerz

Ste L
29-07-05, 07:30 PM
cheers for the advice m8, i bought it of ebay and it is a nova GTE magnex stainless steel exaust system from cat back

the GTE magnex system is downpipe back :? gte's didn't have cat's so......

Marsden
29-07-05, 07:32 PM
will post what it said on ebay

You are bidding on a Nova GTE Magnex Stainless steel exhaust (cat back) system, however there is one piece missing which is the bend over the beam that joins the back box to the centre section, but that could easily be replaced by getting a custom exhaust builder (powerflow) to make one up to fit!! This came off a Nova GTE but it had a Nova GSI engine fitted which required a cat back system which means that it will fit all Novas that have a cat. It does have a couple of small dents in, but these DONT affect the performance or sound! Extremely well made and sounds great out of the 3 inch polished tailpipe!! Happy Bidding!!!!!!

tell me what you make of that please.

Ste L
29-07-05, 07:36 PM
to be honest sounds like the guy on ebay selling it, knows fuck all lol

if it was a gte with a gsi engine, its the same engine, unless its the late gsi, even then still dont need a cat

havre have probably got the same system as what i've got, 1.4SRi/1.6 GSI cat back one at a guess

Marsden
29-07-05, 07:37 PM
ok cheers m8. it shouldnt be that hard or cost that much to get it to fit mine, should it? (only cost me ?50)

Ste L
29-07-05, 07:44 PM
should get the sri manifold and downpipe, then get a custom de-cat made to fit, give you a lill more go than putting it on with our standatd manfold etc

not a bad bargin though, mine cost me ?80 for a full brand spaking new one of ebay :D

Marsden
29-07-05, 07:46 PM
ok cheers for all your help m8, will let you no how it goes on, it got posted this am so should be hear by monday tuesday i hope. thanks again m8 Ben

Adam
30-07-05, 01:21 AM
Yeah i saw this for sale on ebay.
Looking at the pics of it, its a downpipe back system, its too long to be cat back IIRC.
As it was a while since i saw the pics, i think its the same one.

Marsden
31-07-05, 10:04 AM
i would put the images on but dont no how to, help?