PDA

View Full Version : ignition coil/module help (1.6 8v mk2 cav parts)

doug_sri
29-07-05, 09:45 AM
looking to run my xe on carbs using the 1.6 distributor. I have had it all running but a tuning guy said i have the wrong coil so i am needing to know the part number for a new coil and ignition amplifier. I was in at the local halfords and the part number they quoted for the coil was DLB402, anyone know if this is the correct one? I am unsure weather i need an ignition module and cant check the part number for it right now. If i only need the coil it will be good since there cheap and it means i dont need any extra wiring. Can anyone post a pic of their module and the wiring? Any part numbers or picture would be appreciated.

thanks

Stuart
29-07-05, 10:20 AM
you will need the module, but if you already have one then you shouldnt need to change it......

as for the coil, ive no idea about part numbers lol. I just got a coil that i found in a box of new parts and fitted that (dont know if it works yet)

Aragorn
29-07-05, 11:22 AM
i'd be more worried about the use of a 1600 8v advance curve on a 2.0 16v on twincarbs

not even mildly similar tbh

will be running mega retarded in places and prolly over advanced in others

doug_sri
29-07-05, 11:47 AM
i'd be more worried about the use of a 1600 8v advance curve on a 2.0 16v on twincarbs

not even mildly similar tbh

will be running mega retarded in places and prolly over advanced in others

alot of people seem to be running this set up so cant be too bad. Proper management is just to expensive just now and its a second car. I have done over 1300 miles with this set up already but just getting my porous head and carbs sorted just now. One day i will probably go to throttle bodies but not just yet.

Aragorn
29-07-05, 01:35 PM
i;d imagine WOT would be fine

its all the fine throttle low speed general drivibility stuff that will be shit

but then if its a second car your prolly not gonna care about it THAT much anyway