PDA

View Full Version : garage problems, advise needed

benji
28-07-05, 05:13 PM
i bought a van last month, it was a private sale from a guy who buys and sells vans, he did nothing to the van but before he recived it there had been quite abit of work carried out, including a cambelt change. the guy i boughtit off still has all the paperwork for this, and is pretty sure it was done in the past 6 months (most ofwhich has been spent saton his forcourt)

today i heard a knocking, i had a quick look and found nothing, so i continued driving it as i ad a few jobs to do, after a while it got quite bad so i went straight to the garage that serviced my clio, he told me not to drive it anymore as it sounds like a problem with the crank and it could get worse.

so i left the van with him(rob) and got a lift home, about 2 hours later rob rings me to say that the crank pully bolt wasn't tight at all, and he removed it with his fingers, because it was loose it has damaged the pully + split the crank oil seal and he recommended a new cambelt because the old one had to be removed to get at the pully.

at the mo i still don't know what it is going to cost but i will be surprised if it less than ?200, can i take any of this up with the garage that did the cambelt? or is there nothing i can do about it?

cheers

ben

Chris
28-07-05, 05:18 PM
I would get on to the garage that did the work in the first place mate. They should foot the cost of the bill or do the rectification themselves

Chris

benji
28-07-05, 05:20 PM
the rectification is being done tomorrow by my garage as i need the van for work on saturday

mikey14sr
28-07-05, 06:19 PM
Get Rob to write out a report and give that to the guy you got it off to back up your story, his face should turn a little whiter then.