PDA

View Full Version : my new steering wheel ::UPDATE:: PLZ VIEW

Gingersnaps
27-07-05, 06:35 PM
ive just got my self a calibra 4x4 wheel woohoo i no it isnt to everyones tastes but it looks alot better than my old wheel so i can see the welder coming in handy very soon lol custom fitting lol anyway heres some pics
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6176/picture0061dc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/2826/picture0050bx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lee
27-07-05, 07:48 PM
I like it :lol: I used to hav a Cav SRi steering wheel in my corsa years ago, but it didnt look as good as that

Gingersnaps
27-07-05, 08:34 PM
thanx its a bast@d to fit tho im gonna have to use the magic of welding to get it on safely

ade
27-07-05, 10:39 PM
what do you mean you need to use a welder?

I had an astra GTE steering wheel that looked almost identical to that in leather and it fitted on perfectly - straight swap.

I wouldnt weld the steering wheel to the column mate - sounds a bit dodgy that

Gingersnaps
27-07-05, 10:42 PM
it wont got onto the column far enough to grip it so i'll have to do a custom job see if it works

Purplehayz_868
28-07-05, 03:32 PM
i deffinatly would not weld it on there, it should just go on fine mite be a bitch to put on but it will go, if your steering wheel isnt straight how r u thinking of adjusting it if its welded on, not a good idea mate

Gingersnaps
28-07-05, 03:33 PM
i think i'll just try swapping it for a nova gsi wheel or a astra gte wheel

Lee
28-07-05, 08:11 PM
strange, should go straight on? There might be a spacer with a copper disc for the horn on it. Try removing that, i seem to remember mine had that and theres another disc below it for the horn.

sickrabbit
29-07-05, 08:19 AM
Weld it ?? If it doesnt fit proper - chuck it away , and go get a cheapie that,ll go on nice and tight . Otherwise you may not live to regret it .And as the yanks say menstration - sorry , PERIOD.

r0b
29-07-05, 10:17 AM
nice wheel, i like

mattm
01-08-05, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hi-jack the post, but ive just fitted an astra GTE steering wheel. Behind my standard wheel was a spring... do i have to fit this back and then put the astra wheel on? As at the moment i have and it seems like the wheel wont go on the colom completly. Got the bolt on etc... all tight but there is a little bit of play when i pull the wheel towards me, its like the spring stops it sitting completly flush. Is this normal? Or is it cause ive fitted the spring?

ANDYRACER
07-08-05, 01:44 AM
Very nice steering wheel. I had a calibra 16v wheel on my old nova sr and looked spot on, but imo the standard nova gsi steering wheels look alright.

Mike.
07-08-05, 12:09 PM
looks alright, but iff the wheel doesn't fit don't use it

Gingersnaps
07-08-05, 12:30 PM
ive gave up on using this wheel lol would a astra gte wheel fit? as me mate has a spare car (lol) lying around and has offered me the wheel and dials

Mike.
07-08-05, 12:33 PM
i would say it does fit, just out of interest how did you take you steering wheel off :lol:

because i can't

Gingersnaps
07-08-05, 12:35 PM
my car had a after market wheel and boss kit which i got rid of (why ..why.. WHY!!!!!!) so a big hammer and wood block was used

Lee
07-08-05, 12:44 PM
send a PM to NovalutionGSI, im pretty sure hes using a Cally steering wheel.

General Baxter
07-08-05, 01:02 PM
it wont got onto the column far enough to grip it so i'll have to do a custom job see if it works
right whats happend is thats its 'collapsts' spelling just pull the shaft towards you and it will pop out another inch!,

unless to get your wheel off you hit the shaft in to make the wheel come off, if you have you need a new coloum!

Gingersnaps
08-08-05, 08:54 PM
right whats happend is thats its 'collapsts' spelling just pull the shaft towards you and it will pop out another inch!,

u, baxter are a bloody great man! lol just tryed pullin the coloum and after 35 minutes of slow movement the wheel wheel went on no bother lol

Sir baxter i salute u!

Mike.
08-08-05, 09:22 PM
so you've got the wheel on then

Gingersnaps
08-08-05, 09:31 PM
so you've got the wheel on then

yeah yeah yeahhh!! lol. am really pleased with it so pleased im not gonna abandon me project now lol

Mike.
08-08-05, 09:34 PM
abandon it :o , lol at least you've got your new steering wheel on, i've had a real nice momo wheel since christmas, can't get the old steering wheel off :lol:

novaco
08-08-05, 09:48 PM
i've had a real nice momo wheel since christmas, can't get the old steering wheel off :lol:

i would sell it :wink:

Gingersnaps
08-08-05, 09:53 PM
BRUTE FORCE it the only way lol

or u could ask someone with brains how to do it as im totally brainless and thus, go help at all lol

General Baxter
08-08-05, 10:01 PM
hurra!

iv done something helpfull!

Jack
08-08-05, 10:09 PM
abandon it :o , lol at least you've got your new steering wheel on, i've had a real nice momo wheel since christmas, can't get the old steering wheel off :lol:
lol you big girl's blouse, put some muscle into it :lol:

Gingersnaps
08-08-05, 10:19 PM
hurra!

iv done something helpfull!

lol yes u have

well done
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/1046/badge2zu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

NOVA_JONO
08-08-05, 10:22 PM
Nice steering wheel m8, oh and Mike i was trying for ages to get my wheel off but then i used a steering wheel puller and the wheel just comes straight off, no problems.

Jono.

Mike.
10-08-05, 07:39 PM

LMAO i even took off the tailgate and tyde some rope on the steering wheel, still wouldn't come off i think i should invest in a steering wheel puller :lol:

Mike.
10-08-05, 07:40 PM
i've had a real nice momo wheel since christmas, can't get the old steering wheel off :lol:

i would sell it :wink:

why would i sell it, i bought it to put on the car, anythings better than that truck wheel

novaco
10-08-05, 07:55 PM
lol

Gingersnaps
10-08-05, 10:21 PM
lol get it off man give it a good yank lol

btw i made novaco's sig :lol: he aint takin credit for it lol

Lee
13-08-05, 06:57 PM

LMAO i even took off the tailgate and tyde some rope on the steering wheel, still wouldn't come off i think i should invest in a steering wheel puller :lol:

You could try attaching that rope to another car and draiving off in the other direction.

Just make sure you duck when it pops off!

Mike.
13-08-05, 08:39 PM

You could try attaching that rope to another car and draiving off in the other direction.

Just make sure you duck when it pops off!

that should be interesting :lol:

General Baxter
13-08-05, 08:42 PM
that should be interesting :lol:

sundays video :lol:

Mike.
14-08-05, 08:36 PM

ok jack how about you try and take the wheel off lol :lol:

SRimon
16-08-05, 05:21 PM
looks good, i want one :lol:

Gingersnaps
21-08-05, 05:24 PM
looks really nice now its fitted propperly will look better with griffin badge istead of 4x4 badge tho

i'll change it sometime this week and post pics