PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 16v Nova???

SGA33
26-07-05, 08:39 PM
I have at last got off my arse and dug out my nova gte the only problem is the engine needs a head gasket and various bits and bobs.
The problem I have got is today I have bought a tigra which has been stuffed up the arse the engine is 1 1.4 16v and was just wondering how easy a change would be to put it into the nova. :!:

I have seen other small 16v novas and they seem to fly also where I live their is a corsa rallycar with one in it and its on throttle bodies and is meant to produce over 200bhp at the flywheel and rev its bollox off :P

Rob-16v
26-07-05, 08:44 PM
as long as you have all the bit its easy! iv done mine there loads of posts about it on here.

SGA33
26-07-05, 08:52 PM
Cheers for that i also have a choice of gearboxes and i think i will fit the nova sport box i have if it fits ok.

Rob-16v
26-07-05, 09:05 PM
Cheers for that i also have a choice of gearboxes and i think i will fit the nova sport box i have if it fits ok.

dont think it fits, think the corsa flywheel is different.wot year is the tigra

SGA33
26-07-05, 09:14 PM
'T' i think the car is beeing dropped off saturday and hopefully stripped off parts by monday,then the work will start.

Rob-16v
26-07-05, 09:35 PM
ull need the key,transponder, and ecu, ull need to change the alternater to a nova one and the bottom pully for a nova gsi one or grind a bit out of ur engine bay so the alt dont rub wen cornering.ull need a 4 branch corsa manifold and a system made to fit, the engine loom has a 9 pin plug on it at the end of it.ull figure it out.

key,transponder, and ecu, if u aint got all of thses it wont work ull need chassis number and reg off the car to get the ecu unlocked which cost more money.

good luck,Rob.

Snowface
26-07-05, 09:59 PM
you could put the nova flywheel on if you needed to use the nova box.

Jim
27-07-05, 08:12 AM
I have seen other small 16v novas and they seem to fly also where I live their is a corsa rallycar with one in it and its on throttle bodies and is meant to produce over 200bhp at the flywheel and rev its bollox off :P

Just so you know, to get that sort of performance from a 1.4 16v will literally cost you thousands.

What's your budget and what do you want from the car? If you are after a cheap pocket rocket then try and find a 2.0 16v engine and throw that in.

If you are still determined to take the 1.4 up to this kind of performance then be prepared for a long, expensive conversion.

Don't get me wrong, tuning a small block is extremley satisfying, but you must be prepared to do everything properly in order to make the engine strong enough to cope with that kind of power.

Good luck

Jim

SGA33
27-07-05, 08:32 PM
Cheers for the advice lads.
I had a 2ltr 16v in my second nova but bumpy roads where i live meant it handled a bit dodgy,also when i eventually got round to taking the engine out and welding it properely unlike the clown who had fitted it beforehand the whole front of the car was completly shot.So this time i have thought small engine with tuning capabilities,that is lighter than the 2ltr and wont rip apart the front of my car.