PDA

View Full Version : Decisions,

mikey14sr
26-07-05, 01:08 PM
I'm thinking of taking the nova back off the road for a number of reasons,

1, it's got the wrong engine in it, and I want to build up a nice 1400 for it.
2, both outer CV joints and boots are dying.
3, I want to weld all the seams and put full rear qaurters on, as I'm not happy with the repair panels that I put on a few months ago.
4, It really could do with a proper re-spray.
5, I can't give the bloody astra away, no-one wants it!!

If it does come off the road, the astra only needs an mot and tax so I'll still be able to get about, and I get the chance to build the nova the way I wanted to in the first place.

Should I go for it and put up with the crappy astra for another 6-8 months? Or should I scrap the astra and get another nova to do all the work on?

Matt2107
26-07-05, 01:11 PM
Take it off the road mate.

If you dont do it properly.. the way you want it then you'll regret it forever.

So i reckon take it off the road and put up with the astra.

ANDYRACER
26-07-05, 03:02 PM
Well if ur not happy with it rebuild it. All depends on time and money. If u can live with the astra carry on driving it. And it's great weather for doing a spot of car work.

Mike.
26-07-05, 07:16 PM
take the nova off the road mate, rebuild it the way you want, just tax mot the astra and use that

Lee
26-07-05, 07:37 PM
Definately go for it, and look on the bright side, you wont be running around in a french car :lol:

mikey14sr
26-07-05, 08:44 PM
It's most likely going to happen I think, but I'll have to see if my cousin will let me use some of his garage space, don't want to p*ss the neighbours off again. :lol:

mikey14sr
26-07-05, 10:09 PM
Just thought that if I go for full rear quarters, I might aswell put mk2 ones on as people say they are slightly wider, which ones are the best fit? hadrian?

Dod
26-07-05, 10:12 PM
Mate, I drive a Clamped out 1100cc Fiesta Van with an RS under bumper kit screwed on with Dry Lining screws cuz i'm building my Nova, the Astra'll do grand.
As for the 1/4's, i think they're all the same width, but make sure you get a decent set as cheap rubish will be just that!!