PDA

View Full Version : 5 speed gearbox

d_kline
25-07-05, 04:29 PM
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP...i need a 5 speed gearbox for my nova 1.2 merit as 4 gears is not enough

could someone please let me know if they have one or if someone has one or where i can have one custom built

this would be a great help

dalveer

Aragorn
25-07-05, 05:01 PM
goto a scrappy

find a vauxhall with 1.2 or 1.4 engine and 5 speed box

remove transmission

fit transmission to the nova

drive

(all small block trannys are compatible so find one from an astra or summat)

Stuart
25-07-05, 06:26 PM
my 32 speed tractor hasnt got enough gears, where can i get more?

lol

Aragorn
25-07-05, 06:56 PM
what u need for that is a Massey Ferguson 8400

instead of your conventional 16 forward and 16 reverse gears u have a continously variable automatic transmission which enables precise selection of engine speed and ground speed for maximum performance and productivity plus reduced operating costs

:lol:

Stuart
25-07-05, 06:57 PM
screw that hippy :p

Spudly
25-07-05, 06:59 PM
Erm is this novaload or tractorload????
lol

Sorry bout the pointless post but i couldnt resist!!!

Dod
25-07-05, 08:18 PM
my 32 speed tractor hasnt got enough gears, where can i get more?

lol

Come over here mate, we've gor Plenty O Trakor Spares fur Ye!

nova_nutta
25-07-05, 09:44 PM
Chap them engine are much better with the 4 speed box as its only a 1.2 puting 1 of the 5 speed boxes will just make you loose the bottom end power which you really cant afford on a 1.2 it will just seem slow and top end wont improve alot maybe at the very most 10mph at a push better of keeping the 4 speed box but if you really have to change the box get 1 of the 1.3sr

Snowface
25-07-05, 10:24 PM
Chap them engine are much better with the 4 speed box as its only a 1.2 puting 1 of the 5 speed boxes will just make you loose the bottom end power which you really cant afford on a 1.2 it will just seem slow and top end wont improve alot maybe at the very most 10mph at a push better of keeping the 4 speed box but if you really have to change the box get 1 of the 1.3sr

lamo.

If you want the 'Benifits' of a 4-speed box but you have a 5-speed one, Just don't ever use 5th gear, ever.

Words can't describe some suggestions on here.

d_kline
25-07-05, 11:21 PM
thanks for the advise everone but from the last review i have decided that i am not going to get 5 speed gearbox because someone i know had it doen and it gave out less power

thanks for the advise though

Snowface
25-07-05, 11:58 PM
thanks for the advise everone but from the last review i have decided that i am not going to get 5 speed gearbox because someone i know had it doen and it gave out less power

thanks for the advise though

less power on a 5-speed box??

Bull-shit.

you wouldhave the same power (at the fly) if you had 10 gears.

any 5-speed box is better than a 4-speed. FACT.

Makes no difference to power.

In fact going to a 5-speed would improve fuel economy or acceleration or both.

Dod
26-07-05, 06:50 PM
The 4 spds are Nippy as fuck though, the 5 speed kinda kills her on top end. I say keep the 4 speed box mate, get a 5 spd when you decide on a bigger engine. There's better mods to start off with.

si 1.7
26-07-05, 07:58 PM
it dont mater how many gears u have in ur tractor it still will b just as slow all tractors r a f***ing menice on the road and want banning from the roads

Snowface
26-07-05, 08:19 PM
and all a 5-speed (Wide range) box does is add on an extra gear on at the end for economy.

i.e. The first 4 gears in a 5-speed box are EXACTLY the same as the 4 gears found in a 4-speed.

So this talk of 4-speeds being 'faster' is coming from someones pie hole lol.

si 1.7
26-07-05, 08:38 PM
if u ask me its pointless changein ur gearbox u say u beat a toyota 1.5 when ur car was not runing rite so why not just leave it its a 1.2 not a race car