PDA

View Full Version : Valentino Rossi

CP
24-07-05, 06:01 PM
Its official!

This bloke is a motorsport God - there are no other words for it really.

Every now and then as you go thru life you become aware that you are witnessing history in the making and a legend growing before your eyes. Watching Rossi has defo given me that feeling. He is in a league of his own and its maybe not too early to start hailing him as the greatest ever.

Today at Donnington in truly appalling conditions he made the rest of the field look like a bunch of rank amateurs. After "pretending" to be racing in the pack for the first 2/3 rds of the race he took off with a handful of laps to go and pulled out an 11 second lead in about 3 laps. It was a priviledge to watch such a brilliant display of pure talent, bravery and race craft!

Is there anyone better? And he's not bad on 4 wheels either!! :lol:

Philsutton
24-07-05, 06:05 PM
im just watching it now, an all i can say is its takes some skill to even stay on the bike in those conditions, never mind actually attempt to race. They were even going down on the warm up lap or what its called.

jamie gsi16v
24-07-05, 06:14 PM
how the feck did he stay on that bike, he nearly got spat off three times and all i can say is hes a bloody lucky brave man!

Fester
24-07-05, 06:39 PM
After Parrish noted he was 'playing' with Barros I doubted; how or why would anyone 'pretend' in those situations?

The guy is extreme.

General Baxter
24-07-05, 07:47 PM
i was thinking i was the only one that goes/likes bike races!

anyway, whos up for brands hatch :wink:

nova---chris
24-07-05, 09:09 PM
Made me laugh when he went back 3 places and was in 4th.
They said he wont give up hes not that type of rider.
And fuck me he just hauled them in.
Then sat behind the leader just playing . Tbh i think he could have passed when ever. Then went on to show that his riding is on another planet.

This again backed up my thoughts earlier this year that moto gp and super bikes is far more entertaining than the wank F1.
Gp all the way for me!

And his there truth in rumor that he wants to try race driving in the near future i wonder? there was talk of it a while back!

shy witness
24-07-05, 09:54 PM
i fully agree that the moto gp is a hell of alot more entertaing than that formula 1 crap..........

although i missed the race 2day.ive watched the most of the races over the last few years ..and rossi is superb in all conditions................................

he is indeed 'the doctor' ha ha

i woz never even really a bike fan.................but u are indeed watching a legend now, who's agressive riding style should get anyone addicted in2 watching it over and over again :D

Rick Draper
24-07-05, 10:48 PM
Got todays race on video so i will watch it tomorrow but from the bits of it i have seen when i got chance he was in a totally different class to the rest of them.

Best race i have seen was at the start of this season when he was behine sete for the whole race and on the last corner of the last lap he barged him out of the way and won. It was setes home GP and the croud were not best pleased but he saw the gap and filled it. Fucking quality.

srs1
25-07-05, 12:10 AM
yes there is better imo

carl foggarty

he is by far an absolute legend.
i have never seen anyone race like him. truly balls out approach to his style. after he crashed out at 140mph in australia i have kiven up watching the superbikes. it appears that i have been missing out on some good action. might start watching it again.

Fester
25-07-05, 12:25 AM
Foggy never switched to GP though! Doohan would have just smoked him big time, Rossi even more...

all imo of course :wink: :lol:

Jim
25-07-05, 11:21 AM
There was so much motorsport on yesterday (well, from a terrestrial TV point of view) First the Grand Pr..Zzzzzzzzz, then the Moto GP on BBC2, and Touring Cars was on ITV at the same time. I kept flicking between the two, but missed Rossi winning the Race. I saw the start though and he had a terrible start, then all of a sudden he was back to third, the commentators were funny as fuck through the bits that I saw.

Jim