PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sport Irmscher airbox

TerzoJames
24-07-05, 03:09 PM
'Big Chris' (Chris 16V) tells me there is a thread on here discussing the pros and cons of the Irmscher airbox that came on the Nova Sport's Weber 40's. I am currently looking at options for upgrading the engine in my Nova Sport, so could anyone point me in the direction of the relevent info, or does anyone know anything about it?

I have been told that the airbox was designed to increase torque, but if that is true then why doesn't every car on Twin Webers have something similar?

Cheers!

Snowface
24-07-05, 03:19 PM
they go on ebay for ?40-100. Maybe thats why?

Some people have a cold air feed, or if they can really be bothered they make up an airbox.

Bonnet vent above the Carb's is also an option as Olly H has gone for on Mig.

Ste_Nova
24-07-05, 03:20 PM
it increases the length of the inlet tract... meaning more torque... personally i'd be running a bonnet scoop with a sealed box under it so the 40s can only have air from outside

on another note ive just gone from a k&n cone to a standard airbox on my gsi engine... the car now has less go at lower revs but pulls like a train once it gets going :roll:... i'm now working on modding the airbox for more flow

TerzoJames
24-07-05, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys. I don't quite think a big scoop on the bonnet would suit my Sport, but it is an option. I'm still undecided at the moment though...

Ste_Nova
25-07-05, 08:52 AM
so diy a sealed inlet ala saxo

http://www.car-vs-car.de/images/resized/galerie17JOhzm9.jpg

Mike
28-07-05, 10:55 AM
ive recently purchased a irmischer airbox from a mate of mine for ?10 but its got the inlet 'pipeing' bit removed?

looks ace though!

TerzoJames
29-07-05, 04:47 PM
Funnily enough, somebody has done the same thing to mine too. I'm sur there is a good reason behind it though. I'd be interested to see what difference you think fitting it makes.

Stuart
29-07-05, 06:46 PM
i cant say ive ever seen the airbox complete with the pipe work.....