PDA

View Full Version : more power to 1.4spi ?

novablack
24-07-05, 11:46 AM
How I get more power to my 1.4spi motor? What about exhaust?, induction kit?, or what???

mikey14sr
24-07-05, 11:50 AM
Throw away the entire injection system, and the whole top end and replace with 1.2,1.3 or 1.4 mpi top-end with 1.4 cam running on at least a 32/34 carb or even better twins.

novablack
24-07-05, 12:08 PM
I dont throw that injection system away :lol: . I mean some cheap mods like induction kit or others...

General Baxter
24-07-05, 12:10 PM
What about exhaust?
will add about 1bhp or a system 2-3bhp if lucky!
What about induction kit?
0.05bhp unless its a max power one which adds 20bhp :wink:

and remember to insure your mods! adding a induction kit might not add a lot of bhp but your insurance still need to know about it!

Adam
24-07-05, 04:42 PM
You can change the inlet manifold/throttle body to a bigger GM part from a cavalier.
You can change the exhaust manifold and system to one off a GTE/SRI nova as the manifold is a 4-2-1 type instead of the restrictive one currently fitted to your 1400spi.
You can also change the Cam for a nova gte one, as again the current spi cam is restrictive.

An induction kit won't really add anything to the power on an spi engine, but it will sound better.
:)

Or as already said swap the head for the MPI one.
The standard multi point injection would probably give more power than with a weber 32/34 fitted.

Only bother with a weber 32/34 if you want to use a carb inlet, and carburetor.

TBH i would just change the exhaust/cam etc in the SPI engine as that shouldn't cost too much.

Then just leave it like that, save up then for a bigger engine in the future. :)

Aragorn
25-07-05, 12:42 AM
read my 1.2i tuning guide in the technical guides section

its the very same principle and same mods will work