PDA

View Full Version : Fxcked EFI

Dod
23-07-05, 08:17 PM
Got a fucked 16EFI engine and box. Big hle in the side of the block. I'm building a new engine, under advice from Keith. 1300 ported head, 270deg Cam, Weber 32/34 and the 1600 CR box. What i'm wondering is, is there anything else i should take off this engine before i dump it? Are the Valves, head internals etc Fucked?

Adam
23-07-05, 08:30 PM
Just have a look inside it see if anything is bent etc.

That big hole will probably be where a conrod decided make an appearence :lol:

Aragorn
23-07-05, 09:06 PM
imo a standard 1600 efi engine will be better to drive than a 1300 with headwork and a mild cam on a shit carb

get another bottom end for the 1600 and just run that as it is assuming the heads ok...

Dod
24-07-05, 11:17 AM
Yeah, but if the engine's siezed wont this mean the heads gonna be fucked as well?

How do i cheak if its ok?

Any 1600 bottom end work on it?

But I've not got a loom for it though.

Adam
24-07-05, 04:52 PM
Take the head off and check that all the valves are ok.
Probably best if you rebuild the head, new stem oil seals etc.

Or just get another 1600 engine and scrap the one you have.
TBH, you could pick up a gte engine for around ?100 with g/box,loom,ecu etc.
And a performance cam is going to cost more than that, and the GTE engine will out perform the 1300 even with its mods.

Dod
24-07-05, 08:34 PM
Or just get another 1600 engine and scrap the one you have.
TBH, you could pick up a gte engine for around ?100 with g/box,loom,ecu etc.
And a performance cam is going to cost more than that, and the GTE engine will out perform the 1300 even with its mods.

See, thing is, i dont really want a 1600, just the box. I know the MPi engines have bigger Valves etc and wondered if i could use them on my 1300 engine, i have the cam already so thats not a problem.

So, bacsicially what i want to know is, is there anything i can salvage from the engine to either use or sell on?Or am i better building up the GTE engine and selling it complete? GTE's are rarer than Rocking horse poo over here.

Going for a 1300 head on the 14 bottem end with a carb and a cam. Porting and polishing then.