PDA

View Full Version : Griffith Engineering contact details??

karl Rowntree
23-07-05, 03:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone had the contact details for the above company?

I am after a rose jointed gear linkage and i believe this is the company that sell them? Any idea on cost of a full linkage?

Thanks in advance. Karl

andybishop
23-07-05, 06:23 PM
This is the only thing i can find on the web for the monkey boy

www.griffiths-engineering.co.uk

But just loads of pug tat on there...

I'll dig my receipt out tomorrow find some more info

benji
23-07-05, 06:31 PM
karl why don't you make one, not too difficult and loads cheaper

karl Rowntree
23-07-05, 06:55 PM
Ay Up bishop, cheers mate will be seeing you in the morning :wink:

Wouldnt really know where to start Benji, never tried anything like that mate. Can you give us an idea of where to start, allways up for saving money :wink:

Karl

Rick Draper
23-07-05, 09:32 PM
Karl i believe they have gone up a huge amount in recent years, if they still make them at all.

nova---chris
23-07-05, 10:41 PM
Perhaps a straight through linkage would make a difference? rather than just a rose jointed standard one?

Just a thought. Mines pretty brutal but works a treat!

-=VanMan=-
23-07-05, 11:41 PM
Have a look through migweb for post's by dathers as he made his own fully adjustable one.

as for GE they only do the quick shift linkage IIRC

karl Rowntree
24-07-05, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the comments guys :wink:

I had been told they had nearly doubled in price Rick, they are good but not sure they are worth what they ask.

Chris, the straight through isnt an option just yet but maybe on the next strip down....if ever lol.

Vanman, thanks for that mate will take a look later.

Cheers. Karl

dan16v
24-07-05, 10:08 PM
let me know if you get any where karl, as to be polite my linkage is a bag of knob!, realy need some new white plastic ball end things!. was thinking of the cav set up but cant be arsed :lol:

karl Rowntree
24-07-05, 10:24 PM
Will do Dan :wink:

Think i will have go at making my own tbh mate, going to take a look at mig.

Karl

Rick Draper
24-07-05, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the comments guys :wink:

I had been told they had nearly doubled in price Rick, they are good but not sure they are worth what they ask.

Chris, the straight through isnt an option just yet but maybe on the next strip down....if ever lol.

Vanman, thanks for that mate will take a look later.

Cheers. Karl

I got one when they were a lot cheaper than they are now but tbh i thought the bits that you pay the most for (spherical rose joints) were totally shocking. Mine fell to bits in a few months so i brought some very high grade ones and have never had a problem with the new ones.

One thing that will really help the gearchange is a set of copper/bronze bushes for the pivioting piece of the linkage from rifle range motorsport. Fitted some on mine and now the linkage is spot on, you can really feel each gate far better now and i can get all 6 gears far better than before.