PDA

View Full Version : side rubbing strips

Marsden
22-07-05, 04:48 PM
hi just taken my side rubbing strips of my nova and i am left with loads of rubber and adesive on my car. i can sit there for an hr or 2 and pick away at it but i was just wondering if any one has and tips on how to got rid of this as easy as possible.

thanks alot ben

taxitucker1
22-07-05, 04:57 PM
get some panel whipe or de graser roubg about ?5 no more from any good car paint shop

Marsden
22-07-05, 05:07 PM
ok cheers, should this get it off reletivatly easy?

inel
22-07-05, 05:42 PM
A heatgun would help soften the glue to get it off if you can get your hands on one.

ade
22-07-05, 09:01 PM
dont use heat gun you'll damage paint. Use hairdryer

Avoid anyting like acetone as it will strip paint and watch excessive use of rubbiung compounds (G4, t cut etc) because too much and you'll rub a line down the side of the paintowkr as it lifts a thin layer of paint each time.

Just use hot soapy water, and/or a mix of super resin polish with eith t cut or bug remover.

It'll come off but will be elbow greese all the way I'm afraid.

Also dont be surprised if the paint underneath looks "better" than the surrounding paint due to weathering.

Ade

Marsden
22-07-05, 09:21 PM
ok cheers lads just finished it now, just stuck it out really picked all the rubber off with my fingernails and got some auto glym tar remover that did the trick :D just lowerd it 60 mm aswell, transformed the car

thanks for all you help