PDA

View Full Version : Battry probloms

novamadness
22-07-05, 02:29 PM
Hey there i asked about this problom a few months ago any way we have been looking around for the source and we found that the return possitive wire in to the car was very badly rotten.

So we took it out from the rusted part and moved it to a clean part of metal and now the car starts every time i dont know what the actual wire does but it must effect the battry when its not connected to the car. We found that when it was removed my window wipers were running on there own when the ignishion was on and when switched of the battry would drain over night and not start next day.

But now we have moved it it seems to work perfectly the car starts strongly. Anyway i was just wondering if anyone knew why this would happen iv now found the problom its just understanding why it happens thanks.

ade
22-07-05, 09:08 PM
if its a bad coinnection then the circuit will not be complete and battery will drain.

Car electrics are a bit backwards compared to normal electrics due to you needing a good earth connection as well as positive and negative. If the earth is bad power just leaks away, your auxilliary circuits (ie wipers) tend to do their own things as the earth cable "catches" completing the circuit and because the alternator cant charge the battery when the car is running it just dies.

I'm no expert on car electrics but thats my understanding of it anyway.

Your earth leads are all brown by the way.

novamadness
23-07-05, 02:28 AM
i just want to say thanks alot m8 for understading all i ask thanks and what you say makes sence thanks

novamadness
23-07-05, 03:26 AM
its just with electricks most people get confused i asked months ago which ended up me finding whereit whent wrong im now selling my car its a nova but i bought it in a ok condition but now we have done a good bit of work on it its looking great outside and in.

I cant afford to keep it and its the best car iv had ill just end up with anouther car like a ford and i knowi wont like it so im feeling really bad