PDA

View Full Version : Headlight buzzer

Spudly
22-07-05, 12:43 AM
Bit of a random thing to ask, but ive heard that the bleepy thing u get in new vaux`s ie mk4 astra`s an new corsa`s (the one that tells u uve left your lights on when u open the drivers door) can be put into a nova simply by changin the buzzer box on the bk of the fuse box, is this true cos that buzzer is well annoyin lol, if it is where abouts in corsa`s an astra`s is the bleepy thing cos i looked in a corsa courtesy car me mate had for where it was an couldnt find it at all!!!!!
pls help or tell me to shut up lol!!!

Adam
22-07-05, 12:49 AM
Hmm, i don't have a buzzer on my nova :?

But yes IIRC you can just swap it for a more pleasent tone one, from a newer corsa etc.

Spudly
22-07-05, 01:00 AM
Mint, any ideas where bouts on the corsa`s they r cos i couldnt find it ne ware lol, didnt have too long cos the garage was tryin to pick the car bk up at the time lmao, ahem "i left er my pen in the car mr garage guy" lol

Aragorn
22-07-05, 11:10 AM
well the newer astra mk4 and corsa c use a multitimer thing wich u'd have a hard job fitting in the nova i think

phase 2 mk3 astras and late corsa b's had a nice nee,noo,nee,noo noise which is nicer than the bzzzzzz u get in a nova as standard

Spudly
22-07-05, 02:54 PM
So would those more tasteful (lol) buzzers be in the same place as they r in the nov`s, like behind the fude box then???

Adam
22-07-05, 02:59 PM
I would guess so yeah.

Jack
25-07-05, 11:04 AM
^ Yep they are.

Late Cavs, Astra Mk3's (some earlier ones have the bzzzzzz as well so watch out), and I *think* vectras have the "doorbell on acid" alarms lol

I went thru about two handfuls at a scrappy trying to find the right one lol

Spudly
25-07-05, 02:07 PM
Cheers guys, looks like im off for a jolly to scrappy now then yay, see if i can find me a new 4way switch too cos my mate broke mine lol, cheers!!!!

Spudly
25-07-05, 05:11 PM
Yay see wot you mean bout the doorbell on acid lol, sounds miles better than the standar buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, u get lol, and ive got a new 4 way switch from a poorly SRi, anyone in the hull area need bits go to willinghams they got a red SRi thats been rolled, set o clear clusters on it too, only a wickle bit broken lol, cheers guys!!!