PDA

View Full Version : pot of gold

sickrabbit
21-07-05, 08:24 AM
My uncles a mechanic and he found the mrs a nice "first" motor last night..its a fiesta mk2 1.1 L done a measly 30k and had one owner from new , spent all its life in a garage , got 12 months tax and mot - my uncle has serviced this car and took care of it for the last 15 yrs , so he knew its origin and mechanical health- its had a new rad and clutch and the engine bay is almost sterile !!. The only thing wrong with it is the rear arches are rusty - and it needs a good clean !! Thats it !! The owners 85 - and has had to stop driving cos of his eyesight ( poor old beggar wept when we took it away ) - ?150.

Time to get the polish out.

Adam
21-07-05, 05:57 PM
( poor old beggar wept when we took it away ) -

Wha, but you still took it? lol

jamie gsi16v
21-07-05, 06:00 PM
sick rabbit wrote
spent all its life in a garage musta bin a mobile garage for sayin its done 30k?

Jack
21-07-05, 06:11 PM
rexy wrote
spent all its life in a garage musta bin a mobile garage for sayin its done 30k?
Really? When did Rexy write that? :P

STE Novavanman
21-07-05, 06:58 PM
rexy wrote

who wrote any of this

sickrabbit
21-07-05, 11:08 PM
( poor old beggar wept when we took it away ) -

Wha, but you still took it? lol

yeah - and how soppy are we ?- we,ve both said we felt for the old boy , it must be hard to see the motor you,ve cared for so long being sold off , but because age is upon you must really make reality bite.

The boss has said I,m not to mod it in any way what so ever so bang goes motorhead stylee sound system - at present its only got a radio - not even a tape player !!

jamie gsi16v
21-07-05, 11:26 PM
razorjack wrot
Really? When did Rexy write that?
:roll:

ANDYRACER
22-07-05, 01:06 AM
Id modifiy it . Sod the mechanic it's ure car do what u want with it :lol:

sickrabbit
22-07-05, 08:09 AM
LOL - Andy the boss happens to b the wife - if it was to be my car ( not hers ) it,d certainly be different , but for the sake of peace n quiet , ( and me dinners ) - I will behave.......

Rexy
22-07-05, 11:20 AM
Are you stalking me?

I've not even posted on this thread and i'm being quoted Pmsl :lol:

Mel
22-07-05, 12:50 PM
What reg is it?

I have an old E reg mk2 fester in my back garden.

Genuine 34K miles, but it does need attention to bodywork so it'd be interesting to know what reg it is to see what comparison on price it would be lol..

sickrabbit
24-07-05, 01:21 PM
The cars a B reg , and now looking pretty. I,ve gotta be honest tho , I never wanna clean the interior of a motor again ! The previous owner had dogs in it - he smoked and it was filthy. Bloomin dog hairs were a pain and all the dash door cards and steering wheel were thick with grime and sticky. After three hooverings and a bottle of Mr muscle general cleaner ( six buckets of water n all ) it came clean. It then was given a generous spraying of back to black - 3 times !! All the body works finished- arches repaired and re-sprayed . Then the whole cars paint cut with G3 and a polisher , then waxed , buffed with auto glymn and sealed with the same products extra gloss shine. I,d love to pop a cd player in it , but I,m now skint ......
Best bit was when her indoors saw it finished , helped put new seatcovers in it , sat in it and thanked me with tears in her eyes......( pass the kleenex ) - I,m glad she liked it ( not only cos I,m now shagged out )and I,ve tried to persuade her to go see the old fellar who sold it ...at 85 years old I bet he,d be proud to see his pride n joy looking half decent and gone to a good home where it,ll be looked after......I,ll try to put pics up later ( wished I,d taken one of before and after ) but its peeing down at present and the sofas comfy......
A nice little motor , for her first car...

Ste_Nova
24-07-05, 03:17 PM
you gave your mrs a ford as her first car!! now that is sick :evil:

jamie gsi16v
24-07-05, 04:23 PM
isnt this website for novas?

sickrabbit
24-07-05, 04:38 PM
Correctamundo !! - but this thread is in the general chat forum..... :o

mad-driver
25-07-05, 08:13 PM
rexy wrote

lol, well i thought it was funny :lol: