PDA

View Full Version : Paint

Nova_Houch7
20-07-05, 08:08 PM
alright, i was jus wanderin wat paint shops to use who do a good job, lookin for a 2 tone job, how much do they charge roughly to prep and paint, also where are they, ne1 on ere willing to giv discount, will be paid in cash most prob,

ade
21-07-05, 07:56 PM
lol

I'd start with yellow pages under car.

It all depends on the state of yur car

2 tone (I presume you mean upper part of car one colour, lower another) rather than flip/pearl could (depending on colours and state of bodywork) anything from ?200 to ?1000

prepping car - again depending on rust, state of body work, dents and scratches etc will depend on shop and could cost from ?200 to ?1000 again.

Most "decent" shops will insist on doing prep and paint as if they prep it the know what they are getting. You prep it and the pait finish depends on your handiwork with a scotchbrite and a bit of 80 grit :o

I'd ring about your area (seriously use yellow pages or internet search for body shops Ipswich) - yake car to them and say - how much.

Vauxhall ( :o ) quoted me ?800 for full prep, de-rust and respray for my car prior to the rebuild and it was pretty shagged - especially rear arches wise - that was painted in carmine red about 4 years ago

Nova_Houch7
22-07-05, 12:13 PM
ok thanks, ill have a look about, yeh i did mean top one colour bottom another, cheers,
Luke