PDA

View Full Version : Strip or Sell

Riggy
19-07-05, 08:44 PM
been thinking over the last few weeks of getting rid of my car or stripping it after trax :cry:

but will be removing wheels and coilovers and replacing with sr alloys and 60mm kit , 6 month t&t left at the min

other random spec -
full sr conversion interior plus exterior
4-1 manifold & janspeed system
gsi front bumper
corsa gsi front brakes with greenstuff pads and braided hoses all round
strut brace and k&n

basically thinking of driving my corsa for a bit (or even lous old 106) and then just concentrating on the valver as trying to keep 2 novas is getting expensive :twisted:

just wondering on opinions and what most people would do

if it comes to it car will be sold for about 500-600 if this sounds about right :cry:

Nath
19-07-05, 08:47 PM
if your stripping it m8 can i buy your front bumper? is it the same colour as my car or darker??

Adam
19-07-05, 08:48 PM
Up to you really.
But i would be interested in some parts if you strip it, mainly the engine, strut brace, gsi bumper etc. :wink:

General Baxter
19-07-05, 08:49 PM
if you bring it down to me,
if i touch it that adds 60% on top of the sale price :wink:

srs1
19-07-05, 08:50 PM
you having to pay the price now for all the hols lou keeps booking then matey?

i would strip it as you'd get more money that wise.
but as its a 1400 and the shell looks good. i'd say you'd prob get more selling as a whole and be rid of straight away.

then get the xe done.
i am surging ahead now

Riggy
19-07-05, 08:53 PM
yeah was thinking that sean if sold as a whole then that would finish the valver :? kind of lol

other option is look out for a granny shell and buy that and re-shell it but then its still 2 novas atleast the bubble would be comfy

Nick
19-07-05, 08:56 PM
lol @ the bubble - i take it that SPi engine we brought u works lol ?

cmon you lazy git - get it done lol

srs1
19-07-05, 08:56 PM
no it wont. you are too fussy about having scratches on the car. you'd end up spending more on resprays.

Riggy
19-07-05, 08:57 PM
lol nick that engine is still in the garden without a injector (1.2 spi injector needed if anyone has one )need to get it in and finish that

Nick
19-07-05, 09:17 PM
annd alll that effort we went to getting it in that van lol

I'l have a look at the scrappy tommorow, there is a 1.2SPi there - We could do a swaps for those Headrests and maybe a couple more bits and bobs :-D

Nick
19-07-05, 09:18 PM
or you can hav all of seans EFi back lol - but that wont help

ade
19-07-05, 11:34 PM
I'll have yer braided hoses off ya

8)

ANDYRACER
19-07-05, 11:43 PM
If u strip it Riggy i might be interested in the shell if it hasnt got any worse than the last time i saw it.

Rexy
20-07-05, 11:48 AM
Pro's and Cons Riggy lad.

Novas in general are getting old fella and can start to become problem after problem. Ideally, if you can sell as a whole. No messing no fuss, Althou you will get a lot of nobbers looking after all its a nova (peeps should know what i mean) The mighty ebay could come in handy but again, its people that waste your time.

The other option, Stripping it... Before you do that, check out your garage and wonder if nova bits really are selling well lol You must have at least a car and half in there in parts.

If it was me, personally and its an option i may well be doing shortly. Cheap option, use lou's 106 for a while. try and sell the nova as a whole give it three months if no interest Strip it and keep aside anything that would come in handy for the XE project. The rest Stick on Ebay...

Oh and before you start being a Big girl, I know shes your baby After lou but think of the xe... :wink: