PDA

View Full Version : i passed my test!!

SRlew
19-07-05, 09:24 AM
had my drivin test yesterday morning, and i actually passed first time. with 4 minors. was the best felling ever, i just couldnt stop smiling :D

now all i need to do is find another job, then there'll be another nova on the road :D

got my liecence but carnt drive my car, im gutted.

lew

Matt2107
19-07-05, 09:27 AM
Excellent mate well done.

I got 7 minors when i passed 5 years ago and it gives you way more independence. Probably the best thing I've ever achieved.

lee2004_
19-07-05, 11:17 AM
well done. i got 4 minors too... nice

SRlew
19-07-05, 01:02 PM
cheers guys. i really carnt wait now till i get my car insured.

ANDYRACER
19-07-05, 01:02 PM
About time Lew. Congraulations just ashame the nova isnt ready.

SRlew
19-07-05, 01:07 PM
cheers andy. yer i know, it needs a few bits aswell. im got to buy new brakes cus i have never trusted these, and a number plate. but hopefully soon it'll be driveable.

Koop_sr
19-07-05, 04:32 PM
i failed bout 3 weeks ago :cry: :cry: 5 minors 1 major

was like a dagger to the heart

got it again in a week though so lets re-try

srs1
19-07-05, 04:48 PM
well done matey.

glad to hear you finally passed your test.

sickrabbit
19-07-05, 05:48 PM
congratulations mate.......well done !!

And to those about to take their test , my instuctor gave me this advise which I relay- when your actually taking the test , drive as if theres a brand new baby on the back seat and you,ve a boiling cup of coffee between yer legs - I promise you,ll go easy !! AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE !!

Good luck to all.......

Cassie-Nova
19-07-05, 05:52 PM
Congratulations Lew!

Passed mine 4th time lucky, failed first time the day before my 18th B'day, 2nd on New Years Eve 2004, 3rd before going on holiday and passed about 2months ago! :o First thing i did was jump in the nova - 20 secs from my house i was at the lights and some women leaned out of her car and shouted; "You wana get that f*cking heap off the road!" Didn't give a shit though :)

The feeling just gets better and better mate, when you get on the road go for a spin on the motorway and hit the countryside - awesome driving round the country roads! You REALLY realise true independence/freedom then mate ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

ade
19-07-05, 06:01 PM
well done mate!

Just take it easy for a couple of years and stay safe!

:wink:

Riggy
19-07-05, 06:09 PM
congratulations mate :lol:

Adam
19-07-05, 06:42 PM
Congrats mate :)

Mike.
19-07-05, 06:46 PM
congratulations :wink:

SRlew
19-07-05, 09:42 PM
cheers guys, i carnt to drive my car know!

and yer i carnt wait till i got to some country roads, im from devon, so next time i go down i'll be in my car so i can drive through loads of country lanes and stuff

good luck next time koop_sr

you'v all made me depressed now! i want to drive my car, its just there right out side the window :(

Marc
19-07-05, 10:16 PM
well done mate!

you have 2 lifes now! the one where you wasnt driviing and your new life where your driving :D

i got told that when i passed and look at me write a nova off already lol :lol:

SRlew
20-07-05, 12:25 PM
^^ :lol:

when he said i had passed, he said

examiner - 'so have you got a car lined up'
me - 'yer'
examiner - 'what is it?'
me - 'a vauxhall nova'
examiner - 'oh...........right, one of them'

he wasnt to impressed, i recon he would of failed me if he knew before the test.

ANDYRACER
20-07-05, 03:31 PM
Lew whats up with the nova? or is it u cant afford to insure it and run it?

Koop_sr
20-07-05, 05:10 PM
Lol i will need all the luck i can get if i get a person like i had now taking me for the test.

when i say ive got a nova maybe they get a bad impression

and you will be on the road sooner than you think

Chris14SR
20-07-05, 05:24 PM
I took my test in my old Austin Mini. It jumped out of gear twice, there was a puddle of water in the footwell and when it came to the emergency stop, I had to explain that in the Mini you have to hope you never hit an emergency that's that... urgent..

Well done on passing your test and good luck getting on the road. Just be careful on those country roads. I nearly destroyed my Mini. several times. Before I took my test....

SRlew
20-07-05, 06:41 PM
i aint got a job andy so carnt insure the car. but im on a massive job hunt.

that mini sounds good though :lol: