PDA

View Full Version : OMFG!

ade
18-07-05, 04:24 PM
http://www.nearlygood.com/video/rubberjohnny.html

You gotta see this - talk about fcuked up!

jesus - if the person who made this did a horror movie - I;d defo sh1t myself!

:o :lol: :o

sickrabbit
18-07-05, 06:08 PM
Ade , the video you speak of is by a Cornish techno wizard called Aphex Twin . I ,ve listened to him for a few years ( but have yet to see him live ) and most of his stuff is well screwed .He used to make most of his music locked away on his own rammed to the eyeballs on acid and experiment with all sorts of sounds , and if not off his head , he,d produce music under sleep depravitation. The guy really is different and musicians the globe over respect him to the max... A few years back Madonna employed his genius to remix one of her songs and get involved in her videos - the out come after spending time with him and listening to his skillsshe was quoted thathe gave her serious nightmares !! I,ve got some of his albums and they are of scarey sounds , but if you are interested check out his ambient works vol 1...
As he became famous , critics took the rise on his outlook and musical performances , so at the next live show he invited loads of em along . When he went on stage he took with him a blender , a drill and sandpaper. He used all these items in his performance wrecking his decks with the sandpaper and turning the blender on and off at random ( all amplified of course ) alongside a serious techno beat - the place went mad. He of course was taking the piss out of all the music journalists he,d invited . :twisted:
A very dark character.

inel
18-07-05, 06:16 PM
Ah I've heard of Aphex Twin. One of their songs 'Window Licker' was used on an O2 advert a while ago I believe. There's a nice useless fact for you :P

Saw that video on eBaums World, it's fcuked up

ade
18-07-05, 09:54 PM
lol - gotta admin when it 1st started I thought it was a p1ss take out the crazy frog - sort of a spoof after he'd had a nervous breakdown and they'd locked it up in a padded cell.

Listen to the 1st bit and imaging crazy frog - the shape of the head looks like it - as does the sound it makes

Weird as fook!

:lol:

Dar
18-07-05, 10:24 PM
lol - your right. I've listened to this a few times now and I really like it. However im sure its the video as well. I love wierd stuff :twisted:

Cassie-Nova
19-07-05, 06:05 PM
He did a song called "Come to Daddy" I think that's what it was called.....

The video was based on/around a council estate where all these little kids where playing about, they all had his face though! And then there was this WEIRD monster thing.....definatly worth a download!

Dod
19-07-05, 09:58 PM
He did a song called "Come to Daddy" I think that's what it was called.....

The video was based on/around a council estate where all these little kids where playing about, they all had his face though! And then there was this WEIRD monster thing.....definatly worth a download!

Hadn't he one on the Beach with a pile of Sexy women, all with the same Horrible face? That was fucked up. He is Class!!!

Marc
19-07-05, 10:04 PM
ok this shit is weird but the tunes not bad :D never heard of this stuff before its not like anything ive heard before :o

sickrabbit
20-07-05, 08:21 AM
he,s got one tune " Tampax" which is a killer - theres some female vocals on it at random points saying " does time stand still for you once a month".
Some other tracks he,s done have bavarian classic music in them ( perfect for a Dracula movie) - like I,ve put up before he,s worth checking out , if you like things weird and freaky but for starters I,d go for The Aphex Twin Classics on R & S records.

Mr Richard D James - The Aphex Twin

boredbloke
20-07-05, 08:36 AM
thas just fooking wierd!

NovalutionGSi
20-07-05, 09:58 AM
ok think i need sound at work to understand it fully.

video looks weird thou.

Snowface
20-07-05, 10:42 PM
you can tell its aphex. Good stuff. Come to daddy video is fuked up.

The bit with the demon bloke screaming at the old lady and blowing her hair off almost lol.

Dod
21-07-05, 09:04 PM
Not the kinda lad you'd want round for Sunday Dinner!!

sickrabbit
21-07-05, 11:18 PM
I could be wrong on this but I,m sure he once held a press meeting to celebrate one of his album releases. It was in a london pub , with all the original London style food - steak n kidney pud , jellied eel ( wrong ) pigs trotters and such , as a buffet , but before the feast he made all these music journos drink a glass of punch to toast the album .....he wouldnt discuss any of its contents till they had done this...then a few beers before the food and discussion and eventually the playing of his creation...I,ll bet the journos loved it - free fodder and all the booze they could sup ...... What the poor feckers didnt know was that the punch was laced with LSD. Imagine ( I,ve never touched the stuff ) what it must have been like listening to those sounds off yer trolley and then trying to eat food of that type , without even knowing why you felt so warped.....
must have been total freakout......

APHEX TWIN FOR PM.

scott.parker
22-07-05, 02:13 PM
Umm funky :o

5_door owner
22-07-05, 03:48 PM
:o mad sh!t