PDA

View Full Version : Dash spraying 2

christlee05
18-07-05, 02:10 PM
As in my previous topic i was sayin about spraying the black bits on the mk2 dash red but iv know changed me mind. The grey dash is a soft texture so was wondering would it be able to be sprayed red or would it just fall away let me know.

ade
18-07-05, 03:59 PM
prob is the dash is coveres in vynal which is flexible.

You can spray it but it will crack and if someone catches it (ie bird with fingernails) it will crack/flake.

You can get special dyes - Halfrauds do them - black is good - they stain the vynal buit dont think you can get it in red.

Foilatec do paints for dashes but theyre expensive and I dont think then work on soft finishings.

What yu need to do is get some felxi additive that can be mixed with the paint (you'll need to use a spray gun) - this is an acrylic based elastomizer that allows the paint to flex with the movement of the vynal.

You could fit a mk1 dash - thats all plastic.

Its a bit extreme spraying the entire dash red - I mean thats gonna be bright and garish! If thats what you want fine but its one HELL of a lot of colour in a confined space - may work if the rest of the interior was red (like all of it) otherwise it could look nasty - especially if its uneven.

:?

Ade

:|

christlee05
18-07-05, 04:28 PM
My dads a professional resprayer so it should look good but im not going to spray the whole lot just the grey bit and the rst will be black. my interior is red anyway so should look sweet i hope.