PDA

View Full Version : Noisy bends!

Stoo
18-07-05, 01:20 PM
Got a metallic scraping noise! Dunno wat it is!

Go round a right hander, power or no power on its perfect.
Go round a left hand bend, no power on, its fine! Try to feather in any power and i hear the noise! No idea what it could be! Narrows it down to the left front wheel.

Replaced the C.V joint and wheel bearing, just had new discs and pads and coilovers on the front, however it was fine for a month or two! Noise has appaeared in the last 2 weeks or so! Any ideas whatsoever guys??

Help mucho appreciated!!

Stu!

ade
18-07-05, 03:53 PM
check for rubbing - if its a metalic noise cuild be brake shield on disc?
Could be loose suspension post catching wheel...could be lots of things. Try jacking car up and sticking it in gear and then turning wheel and listening when power on...

Could be a drive problem? Inner CV joint?

You need to locate the exact area...

Spudly
18-07-05, 06:25 PM
Or it could be a poorly strut top startin to part with the rest of the car mine made a kinda scrapin noise, 20squid of weldin and all was right again yay!!!

bump
21-07-05, 09:00 PM
could even bee a loose wheel bearing

Dod
21-07-05, 09:22 PM
Take the Irish option. Drive on til it breaks or falls off!! :lol:

Lee
21-07-05, 09:30 PM
new CV joints are all recons, and not always 100% perfect. Dont eliminate the possibility you have a faulty one mate!

Stoo
23-07-05, 10:25 AM
Well all of you are wrong!!

Its the alternator catching the suspension turret!

Need new mounts!!

Ste_Nova
23-07-05, 10:58 AM
lol... big hammer

Stoo
23-07-05, 11:22 AM
Good choice!!

Engines comin out after show season
Full rebuild, all new everything!! Watch this space!

Plus new mounts bushes etc lalalala!!

Aragorn
23-07-05, 12:03 PM
my 16v did that with polyvee alternator and solid mounts as there was only 1mm between the pulley and chassis

any 2.0 will do it with v-belt alt unless you have dented the chassis leg in

Stoo
23-07-05, 12:08 PM
Im gonna box it out when the engines out!

Gonna paint the engine bay and smooth all the wings whilst the engines out too! Maybe even hide all the loom, header tank, washer bottles etc! (ANY INFO ON HOW TO WITH THESE WOULD BE GREAT THANKS!)

Stuart
23-07-05, 02:11 PM
well if we are all wrong, how would be have any advice on how to help your other things :roll:

Nick
23-07-05, 03:21 PM
Im gonna box it out when the engines out!

Gonna paint the engine bay and smooth all the wings whilst the engines out too! Maybe even hide all the loom, header tank, washer bottles etc! (ANY INFO ON HOW TO WITH THESE WOULD BE GREAT THANKS!)

i talked to you at the myerscough show -

to be honest, it was one thing i actually noticed as it doesn't look like there were any chassis leg modifications !

Will be good to see it once you've had some engine work done and the bay all smoothed and everything hidden - it's probably the only thing you can possibly to to it now lol