PDA

View Full Version : Removing parking dints

dan-hipgrave
17-07-05, 02:34 PM
The Clio has got a couple of parking dents in the side, and i wanna get get rid of them. Whats the best way?

I have found some suction pad thingies on Ebay, they any good?

Cheers 8)

macmillan02
17-07-05, 03:26 PM
aye that suction pads are OK. I used them on my nova when i was sortin it after the old granny had it :lol: If u dont feel comfortable doin it ureself, go 2 a bodyshop, but i dnt know how much it is.

ade
17-07-05, 10:55 PM
depends on how deep "dings" are - suction cups are good for pulling out big dents like of someone spams a car door into your door and it buskles right in

"Dings" are usually minor dents that usually need either a dent puller, gentle pursuation with hammer and dolly work or just plane old filler...and respray of course

dan-hipgrave
18-07-05, 04:57 PM
cheers Ade. Ive got a massive dent in the bonnet, one down the side from a car door and then some smaller little 'dings'

Ive bought a set of suction pads off ebay for ?9.99 - a pack of 4 in a range of sizes, so will see how good they are..

ANDYRACER
21-07-05, 01:02 AM
Dent wizard are well worth using for this. My boss ditted his bootlid on a post on his merc sent it to them and now it is spotless.

SRlew
21-07-05, 09:54 PM
my dads mate had a little ding on his merc, it was on the bonnet i think. and he got one of those people that come out to your house and do it. the guy just like tickled it out with something, and when he was done you couldnt evn see where it had been and it didnt need re- spraying.

dont no how much that'll cost though.