PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 - to - 1.6

doni_nova12
15-07-05, 11:30 PM
hey, i have a 1.6 ready to lump into the 1.2 im having problems with, but am not sure wether a should fit it or not.

thing is, a dunno wat a would really need, like the extra bits.

I have the engine, looms, radiator, manifold, have a 45mm bore exhaust so i think tht would do anyway.

it's an injection car, but the tank wouldn't deliver enough fuel pressure to the car for engine to run right would it ? so would i just have to get a new tank an leads all together or is there anything special that a would need to go otu and get ? would need a water pump aswell a know that.

woudl that jus be it up an running then ?

Adam
16-07-05, 12:20 AM
You need an injection engine fuel tank,as they have the fuel pump in the tank instead of under the bonnet on carb models.

What do you mean you would need a water pump? :?
Doesn't the gte engine have one in at the minute?

Do you have the complete engine? With the ECU, inlet/exhaust manifold,loom,etc

doni_nova12
16-07-05, 12:24 AM
its not got a water pump with it, got the ecu, inlet and exhaust manifold and teh looms.

i knew that the injectors were in the tank, the 1.2 lux plsu was an injection? but i thought it ouldnt deliver enough fuel fro enough pressure for the engine to run off ?

so i was guessing if i had to buy a bigger tank?

Adam
16-07-05, 12:36 AM
All novas had the same sized fuel tank.
Yeah you need an MPI fuel pump to run a gte engine.
As the 1.2i SPI fuel pump can't deliver enough pressure to the injectors.

doni_nova12
16-07-05, 04:26 AM
ok kool, cheers. so how would i go about gettin it and fitting it onto the nova, is it easily done, or will it be the gsi/gte tank tht a will need ?

Rexy
16-07-05, 07:51 PM
GSI/GTE or 1400SRI tank will be fine.

There fiddly but not that hard to fit lol

Bastard things...

doni_nova12
16-07-05, 11:14 PM
cheers m8, was along the right lines anyway. better get ma cv joints fixed first eh lol, hwo much do ya reckon they would be ?

ade
17-07-05, 02:16 AM
you can use a 1.2i fuel tank - just need a bigger pump - Aragorn (Kev) fitted a 1.6 16v to his saloon with a 1.2i tank - just fpound that when tank about 1/4 full it spluttered coz fuel wasnt getting to engine (summut to do with swirl pot size in tank)

As for fitting I'm doing the same (I have a 1.4 carbbed nova with 1.2 bits at the mo).

I've got - GTE engine, all wiring, GTE coil, GTE alternator, GTE gearbox, GTE Brake servo (for bigger Astra 16v brakes - dont rely on 1.2 ones!), ecu, airflow meter, GTE drive shafts (although apparantly 1.2 ones will work fine - GTE ones are slightly bigger for extra power), GTE furl tank, separate GTE External fuel pump (as GTE tank doesnt have one internally although GSi one does?) and will soon be getting new fuel lines.

As for water pump, that should be built into engine (usually needs changing when you change cam belt).

As for fitting - swap old engine/parts for new upgraded ones...and plumb in wiring...I'm yet to do this though so its probably not as easy as it sounds...

Ade