PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Road results for 14th July

Snowface
15-07-05, 05:38 PM
130bhp @ 6000rpm at the fly, thought that isn't the exact figure.

The rollers won't do graphs cause somethings broken on it.
He didn't say, but i think they just note down the LED readout on the unit.

Happy with that though. Just under 80bhp per litre and a bit up from my 1.3, per litre wise.

I'm more interested in how it performs on track/pod as that is where the true performance can be gauged.

The tuner suggested getting a vernier pulley to get a bit more before it comes on cam but seeing Dan and a couple opther similar spec engines have theirs set to standard, and that they cost ?75-80 new, i decided before i wasn't going to get one. Maybe if one comes up on ebay...

Its funny that the peak power is at 6k rpm when with the exact same spec on my 1.3(except different head (same work), 300cc extra capacity and a 4-1 Janspeed Manifold) the 1.3 peaked at 6.5k rpm.

I thought the Janspeed manifold would push a touch more power at top end. Think i'll go back to the 4-2-1 sr manifold. Just needs a bit more welding.

Stuart
15-07-05, 05:47 PM
increase the displacement and generally the peak power RPM drops, but you hold more torue for longer...

rough rule of thumb thats gonna get blasted lol.

i had a std cam pulley machined with a kidney slot for ?15 ;) might be worth it in that case?

ANDYRACER
16-07-05, 12:35 AM
Is this the 1.6 i think i remember u building? If it is thats a good figure and i like where the torque kicks in.

Snowface
17-07-05, 07:59 PM
Just done a 210 mile trip and she returned 37.2 mpg.

Not bad. 50% Motorway, 50% A + B roads.

Just remembered the chokes in the carb's might be altering my peak power. It was on 30's with the 1.3 but now its on 32's. Maybe 33's would be worth a try.

Dod
17-07-05, 08:23 PM
Mate, that sounds class. Thats the kinda power i want outta my 14, enough to scare a few locals round here!!

Nick
17-07-05, 10:34 PM
sounds good for 130bhp, however i was expecting it to be a little higher ?

130bhp, that's with the 40's, B+ head and a cam is it ?

Snowface
17-07-05, 10:40 PM
yup. It may be more on another rollers, e.g. if i tok it to where Jim had his r/r... you never know it might be the same or it might be up with the fairy's.

Santapod should show the real performance, as soon as i lay down some rubber there i'll have a better idea of how comparible the engine/car is.

benji
18-07-05, 12:11 AM
sounds good mate. could do with my old front bumper on it though you want it?

Jim
18-07-05, 01:15 PM
yup. It may be more on another rollers, e.g. if i tok it to where Jim had his r/r... you never know it might be the same or it might be up with the fairy's.

I'm not sure how to take this...

Jim

Stuart
18-07-05, 01:17 PM
jim yours felt liek it had a 1.2 in there when i drove it :p so of course Peters rollers read high lmao.

benji
18-07-05, 03:03 PM

I'm not sure how to take this...

Jim

i'm sure no disrespect was intended

Dan
18-07-05, 06:07 PM
agreed and noone else knows about your habit of wearing a tutu and doing swanlake in your living room each night.....

ooops :oops:

:wink: :lol: :lol:

Dan
18-07-05, 06:10 PM
also nice one snowface, good result, and yes my vernier is set to dead zero (standard) with the ast2.

Snowface
18-07-05, 09:38 PM
i don't mean to disrespect you or your car Jim lol.

For all intents and purposes your car is whoever many horses you were told it was at the tuners. Ditto for me. You can't say anything different.

The picks in the profile are 2 years old now neraly. I got a GTE front on there now. Havn't took any recent pics cause its in a scruffy state. Might throw some up anyway when i get a spare min.

Dave
20-07-05, 05:27 PM
as snoface says no rollers will be the same.........but from the reputation that peter at wilshers has i would take his rollers as 99% accurate

if only velos were still here lol

Jim
20-07-05, 05:51 PM
as snoface says no rollers will be the same.........but from the reputation that peter at wilshers has i would take his rollers as 99% accurate

if only velos were still here lol

I'd just like to point out that I didn't make Dave say this, lol.

I think a 1.6 T40 RR day is needed, lol.

Anyway, Well done on the results. Let us know when you plan on going to the pod snowface.

Jim

mikeoxford
21-07-05, 12:24 AM
I think a 1.6 T40 RR day is needed, lol.

im game. mine needs a tune since rebuild. i cant seem to quite get my carbs to balance.

mike

Jim
21-07-05, 09:04 AM
im game. mine needs a tune since rebuild. i cant seem to quite get my carbs to balance.

mike

It's all that bling - get some oil and mud in there ;)

Jim

Chris
21-07-05, 03:18 PM
It's all that bling - get some oil and mud in there ;)

Jim

Pot calling kettle black? When Jim's car does that 1/4 it will need .2secs taking off for all the weight in polish that goes on there. Looks lovely for it though :wink:

Chris

Jim
21-07-05, 04:29 PM
Pot calling kettle black? When Jim's car does that 1/4 it will need .2secs taking off for all the weight in polish that goes on there. Looks lovely for it though :wink:

Chris

LOL, Touch? Chris ;)

Jim

scott.parker
23-07-05, 02:17 PM
Very good resualt that is mate,well done..

And mike your car will never be fast with all them steal plates everywher :wink: :lol:

Scott