PDA

View Full Version : Any idvice for someone with excrutiating back pain??

dunova
15-07-05, 08:08 AM
Well yesterday i was at the gym and managed to hurt my back whilst doing some shoulder presses. It wasn't too bad at the time, but after sleeping and getting up just now, i can barely fecking move and the pain in my back is unbelievably painful.

So does anyone have any idvice/stretch's/anything i can do to take some of the pain away? I feels like a may have a trapped nerve near my right shoulder blade and i've got general pain/stiffness running right up the centre of my back (spine).

Any advice appreciated. Chiroprators don't open for another hour :cry:

General Baxter
15-07-05, 08:12 AM
I feels like a may have a trapped nerve

you would know if you have done that!. you would walk with a mega limp, pain 24/7

best thing to do is, have te day off work, get pissed, forget about it, :lol:

dunova
15-07-05, 08:20 AM
Well i haven't got a limp, but i can barely move with the amount of pain it's causing me!! Just typing this is fecking painful!

You cant really forget about something when it makes a grown man want to cry :lol: :evil: :cry:

Think i will have to have the day off work. What a shame.

General Baxter
15-07-05, 08:23 AM
You cant really forget about something when it makes a grown man want to cry :lol: :evil: :cry:

only manly men cry :lol:

dunova
15-07-05, 08:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/jay5.jpg
Jay Cutler's a manly man :wink:

Fester
15-07-05, 08:30 AM
Nope, your back's wrecked for the rest of your life now. It will get better, but not fully.

Unlucky, join the club.

General Baxter
15-07-05, 08:32 AM
yep, iv had my ranges of bad backs just to carryin my man boobs around :lol:

dunova
15-07-05, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys, i knew i'd get some words of wisdom and encouragment here :lol:

Back's are shit!! Although, i think i'd prefer to have one than not..................

boredbloke
15-07-05, 08:53 AM
Buy a heat lamp,

use it to heat your back and then just slowly try and move it each time that little bit more, otherwise hot baths with some muscle relaxant.

n pretty much just chill out

General Baxter
15-07-05, 08:57 AM
i know of a pain which is much worse!

pulling you neck, then your head gets lock over to the side!

i mean iv been shot (9mm) and that did not hurt as much! (in the foot :roll: )

dunova
15-07-05, 09:02 AM
Buy a heat lamp,

use it to heat your back and then just slowly try and move it each time that little bit more, otherwise hot baths with some muscle relaxant.

n pretty much just chill out
Cheers for some real advice mate. That may help abit, although it feels like something is out of place in my back if that makes sense :? It's not just painful, it's like something is where it shouldn't be, which is why i thought it may be a trapped nerve (although i've never had one). I think i'll do that after i've been to the chiropractors though :wink:

Mutiny!!!

dunova
15-07-05, 01:10 PM
Just been to the chiro's, diagnosis: Some of the bits in my back have gone into spasm because i damaged a couple of them at the gym. He cricked my back abit and i have to keep ice on it, but should be fine and fully recvoered in a month.

Still fecking hurts though and i'm ?84 down (incl. tomorrows session) :cry:

Oh well, that'll teach me to stay fit and healthy lol

sickrabbit
15-07-05, 01:37 PM
mate i feel sorry for you...at present I,m off work with the same problem - you really dont respect a bad back till you get one. I,m on percriptiion pills and physio at the moment and its been a month now. Its so boring but patience is the key here - let time do its job.......
A good piece of advise : as muscle damage developes the area builds up an acid and the best way to break it down is water - so keep hydrated.
As the injury gets better , dont be in too much of a hurry to do things - even every day things (eg . wash your car ) or it,ll come back with a vengence .Some days I can hardly feel the injury , but if I try to do something - agony , and the next days spent lying down. This isnt the first time ( 2nd ) for me to be in this injured state , so if in the future , when your healed , if your doing something and you feel uncomfortable and get a warning sign , take heed and stop what your doing.........
Good luck.

Marc
15-07-05, 02:32 PM
i know of a pain which is much worse!

pulling you neck, then your head gets lock over to the side!

did you shot your self or did someone else do it?

dunova
15-07-05, 02:40 PM
mate i feel sorry for you...at present I,m off work with the same problem - you really dont respect a bad back till you get one. I,m on percriptiion pills and physio at the moment and its been a month now. Its so boring but patience is the key here - let time do its job.......
A good piece of advise : as muscle damage developes the area builds up an acid and the best way to break it down is water - so keep hydrated.
As the injury gets better , dont be in too much of a hurry to do things - even every day things (eg . wash your car ) or it,ll come back with a vengence .Some days I can hardly feel the injury , but if I try to do something - agony , and the next days spent lying down. This isnt the first time ( 2nd ) for me to be in this injured state , so if in the future , when your healed , if your doing something and you feel uncomfortable and get a warning sign , take heed and stop what your doing.........
Good luck.
Sounds like you've got it worse than me mate! How did you hurt yours? Thanks for the hydration advice aswell, i didn't know that.

The main thing that worries me is that i'll feel fine and go up the gym and do it again! I'm going to really have to make myself take it easy, especially on back and shoulder sessions. He's going to give me some exercises tomorrow to strenghen it up so that should help.

I know everyone says it, but you really really want to look after your back big time. Without it we'd be fecked. I mean, my injury isn't THAT serious, it fecking hurts but you can do a lot worse (e.g a slipped disk). I think my next investment will be a professional weight lifting belt. I've been putting off buying one and always thought (until yesterday) i'd be fine without one. Ebay here i come :lol:

sickrabbit
15-07-05, 03:40 PM
Get that belt mate - I brought one about a month back - it certaintly will support you, but dont go mad on them wieghts mate....one step at a time ...
I used to lift quarters and sides of meat for a living , and people have often remarked that I,m pretty strong, but my current job of caretaker sees me humping boxes of books and clay up flights of stairs as well as moving furniture and the seating arrangements and staging of a concert hall . As it was the end of term not long back my working week was madness - teachers and parents alike had me running about as if I was on fire. So all in all I was lifting a great deal more than usual ( and I work alone which I now have had to face as unacceptable ) I think the turning point was when I lifted a massive Timpani drum ( like a big kettle drum ) down a flight of stairs , but to be honest , as I was doing so much it couldve been anything during that mad week. Its funny , you know you,ve done summat to yourself , but the next morning just brings home the realization in agony. As for looking after yourself and your back -too true , this is the biggest cause of absence from work worldwide. I,ve a damaged left side S I joint (spinal joint to hips and is inflamed ) and muscle tear on the right side in the middle of my back . I feel like an old man and I,m so bored !!

Best advise I can give mate - if you already have one , then use it - if not invest in either PS2 or Xbox.....GOOD LUCK