PDA

View Full Version : smoothed handles an tailgates...

doni_nova12
15-07-05, 01:11 AM
hey, ave been searching for handles to smooth into the nova, but a cant really find anything, any you guys got any general ideas on where to fond them ?

also loloking for a lfush boot, but again, cant find teh kits for it, i know someone who can do it it so dont need a fitter or that for it an spraying it.

a have a major prob wiv ma engine like, gotta do something about it, a will put ma post up in the section tho!!

cheers folks

novaco
15-07-05, 05:22 PM
if your after a kit for smoothing the recess in your boot try Supernovas m8 you have to be careful though becoause sometimes its just alot easier to do they whole thing yourself i.e buy a sheet of metal and cut it to shape!

reasons for this are that i have heard of some people that have bought the kit and it has warped and became disfigured making it a waste of money

ade
16-07-05, 12:27 AM
with the fibreglass panel, you need to cut away the outer skin from 1/4 way up the hatch lid (past the windows) as well as remove the lower section and then graft the fibreglass one in place. You may need to reinforce it and smooth it to get a good finish but from the ones I;ve seen it looked good.

A metal plate is also a good way - need to weld this in place though, then smooth and skim to get a good finish.

As for boot releases, supernovas/ebay do boot pop kits. Most of these can be built into standard alarms too.

When you say handles what kind of handles do you mean?

doni_nova12
16-07-05, 05:10 PM
just basic door handles, would a need to get a specific kind, or rip them off a different make of car? just so that the door is flush.

with the boot, sounds a bit too tricky for maself. a got told the kits were ok, but you've just said that they disfigure?

surely this musta been self done? i aint too great at the graftin like.

doni_nova12
16-07-05, 05:10 PM
just basic door handles, would a need to get a specific kind, or rip them off a different make of car? just so that the door is flush.

with the boot, sounds a bit too tricky for maself. a got told the kits were ok, but you've just said that they disfigure?

surely this musta been self done? i aint too great at the graftin like.