PDA

View Full Version : slight high emmisions problem

flair
14-07-05, 01:56 AM
Hi, just finished respraying my bonnet on my 306 and its looking nice.. although im getting not clouds and clouds of smoke but a little to much for my like`ing but its not eating fuel? so im not sure if theres any known cures or possible faults that cause this as its a fairly new pug 306 (97), also anyone know of some good spark plugs to get, cheers ppl

General Baxter
14-07-05, 07:42 AM
sure its not a D or TD :wink:

Jack
14-07-05, 08:23 AM
NGK plugs are good

Avoid Bosch Super 4, bunch of arse they are lmao

flair
14-07-05, 11:48 AM
its a 1.6 petrol... needing to stop mthe fumes badly.. hate driving it and seeing my own smoke coming out my exhuast in my mirror hah, maybe theres a chemical i can put in my fuel?? to clean out the engine to stop the clouds of smoke out of my exhuast??? hmm, thanks

Marc
14-07-05, 11:49 AM
my mate i think had the same problem it was burning oil and smoked a bit and it was a p-reg and need to get the oil rings or something replaced to stop it doing it, so in the end he payed loads on oil lol :D

Jack
14-07-05, 12:24 PM
hah, maybe theres a chemical i can put in my fuel?? to clean out the engine
Redex; but don't bother just stick a tank or two of Optimax in

Marc
14-07-05, 05:01 PM
yeh mates was a 1.6 petrol aswell and use to smoke like fuck stood still but when thrashed wasnt so bad but check your oil regulary to see if its the same problem as me mate

flair
14-07-05, 09:46 PM
yeah mines the same, when im still at traffic lights it gives off smoke then when in high revs its not so bad although still a bit.. maybe it could be my exhuast? its annoying though ebcuase i dont want to drive and smoked everyone out also ive got a list of other problems to sort out now :(( ive seen loads of cars with the same problem so there must be a cure of getting rid of to much smoke from your exhuast,... cheers geezers