PDA

View Full Version : performance gaskets

johnnynova
13-07-05, 06:17 PM
anyone know where i can get uprated head gaskets? ie group n etc one with a little more strength than the standard ones.

cheers

john

Stuart
13-07-05, 07:57 PM
provided you fit them right, a std head gasket will be fine.

the gasket is a weak link, which is good as taht will blow and something else wont ;)

johnnynova
13-07-05, 11:32 PM
i know but have had few probs as compression is high and it seems that it gasket always to go, did see once sumone selling a group n thick steel gasket on ebay once, but never again...

cheers nway

john

j1400
14-07-05, 10:18 AM
Spessio (spelling :oops: ) do the, they are in tweaks, so be prepared for a shock. Have you been using GM head gaskets or just motorfactors cheapy repos?

ovalracer
14-07-05, 02:54 PM
Buddy of mine builds 1400 stockrod engines (good ones too) and had numerous failures between the oil gallery and pot 2 (or 3? he did show me) with PAYEN gaskets. He only uses FAI now (which is a motorfactor cheapy believe it or not) and these are fine he says. 8500 rpm screamers too so if he can't break them......

johnnynova
14-07-05, 06:55 PM
yeh been using motor factor ones, will try proper vaux one!

couldnt find the spessio in demon tweaks, did find their website, but they have one for 1.2 and 1.4 nova enignes, they have slightly different specs, i thought they were identical!!!