PDA

View Full Version : tapping...

ldk_nova
13-07-05, 06:00 PM
my car is taping what can be the cause of the problem?

and how mch do new lifers cost if it is becasue of that? just recetly started doing it..

ldk_nova
13-07-05, 06:07 PM
i should add it taps all the time...

think it needs 1 new lifter.. how much would buying new one and geting it replaced cost....

Mastermeekon
14-07-05, 01:00 AM
Ah tapping, that'll be the cam lobe slapping the fuck outa your followers! :) not nice I know been there. if it is that. you realy don't want to be running the engine as it doesn't take long for the cam to eat through the case hardening of your follower and cam for that matter, when it does it'll mash through the soft steel like butter you should of seen the shape of my cam :) assuming you've got hydraulic lifters, you wanna ascertain why they/it stuck, old mucky lifter? oil gallery blockage? whatever just to make sure when you put a new set in it aint going to happen again. after that well, if you were in time and this is the dodgy part cos you should change all the followers and possible the lifters, don't just disemble them and clean them and your cam, chances are its effected the lobe profile and thus will naff your valve lift. Erm good luck!
(if you havent already, get some cash and erm stick an ex or a let in ;) failing that I've got a Gsi engine!

General Baxter
14-07-05, 07:45 AM
check your oil level,

my old xe was tapping bad, i found out that it was low on oil, topped it up, and it surrup!