PDA

View Full Version : Nova 2lt 8v Advice?

Mastermeekon
11-07-05, 12:23 AM
Am sick of my 1.6 was thinking of an 8v 2lt, whats the score are the 2.0seh the best and how much work is involved cos I was going to go for the 16v but there is too much work involved for the moment, want an easyish job, What do I need apart from ther engine? welding, driveshafts etc... and how do you rate them?

Cheers

richmond
12-07-05, 01:45 AM
good question dude we currently doin a 2.0 8v conversion and ive got a few questions to ask as well(not high jackin ya post cuz these questions will help u as well)

1.drive shaft- which is best to use? can the nova turbo diesel shaft be used?
2.whick petrol tank and pump are best to use?
3.what exhaust should be used?
4.will coilover suspension fit straight on with no mods needed? and how low can i actualy go on 15's?
5.which strut brace will be needed for the 2.0 8v?
6.how do i fit a tacho as im keepin the 1.2 dash and clocks
7.how can i get rs turbo recaro's to fit on the cheap?

thanx alot

Stuart
12-07-05, 08:10 AM
fitting a 2.0 8V is the same process as fitting the 16V. so your not really saving yourself anywork by going 8V.

www.valvers.com has a good guide + they do fitting kits.

you need 22 spline gte drive shafts with Cav 1.6 inner CV joints. thats about all i know lol

Aragorn
12-07-05, 11:46 AM
imo with the extra weight involved and the handling deficencys i'd be more inclined to either go the whole hog and fit a 16v, or spend prolly about the same money getting the 1.6 to 130bhp instead
(a peaky cam like the ast2 and some twin 40's would get you most of the way there, sound amazing, and means u dont have to change anything else, ie suspension)

Chris
12-07-05, 12:15 PM
big blocks dont handle bad if they are driven properly, proved this weekend at donington

Chris

Aragorn
12-07-05, 03:05 PM
they also need money spend on proper suspension etc

stick a valver into a nova without at the very least 2.0 front springs and its gonna be verging on dangerous imo

as far as i can tell most folk fit 2.0 8v's becuase they are cheaper, and if theyve opted for the cheaper engine are the gonna bother fitting the things required to make the car safe?

if not then imo its a better idea spending the money on a few upgrades for the 1.6

richmond
12-07-05, 03:07 PM
well one of the lads had a 8v engine lyin about so thts goin in, thts our reason

Chris
12-07-05, 03:09 PM
IMO it is swings and roundabouts

get a 1.6 and put money into it and have a tuned engine, or put a 2.0 in and have a standard engine (I would think to be more reliable and fuel efficient) and use the rest of the money to make it handle better?

Chris

C-S_Cormac
15-07-05, 10:37 AM
May i just point out that you dont need to use the big block setup of shafts/gearbox as ive my 2l 8v running with a F13 gearbox and td nova shafts,, using a modified nova td flywheel with black diamond clutch tho,,, 10K since conversion and no probs to report yet.....