PDA

View Full Version : MAP Sensor?help please.

Rob-16v
10-07-05, 05:01 PM
after getting the injectors working on the 16v its still wont start! and i dont know y???????????? anymore help would be ace! i found the map sensor in a box in the garage, will it run without it and wer does the vacum pipe go to?

Rob-16v
10-07-05, 07:53 PM
iv got spark ,but why do my injectors fire 3 times each and then stop? any ideas,i got a red top comp fuel pump for it with standard sr fuel pipes,do the pipes make any difference?

Adam
10-07-05, 08:34 PM
What engine is it?

I ain't 100%, but i dont think it will run without the MAP sensor.

Rob-16v
10-07-05, 08:39 PM
its a 1.6 16v engine. corsa gsi in my nova,gettin sick of it not working.

Will F
11-07-05, 09:32 AM
It wont run without the MAP sensor plugged in. You can leave th epipe off to get it running, but it will run a bit rough...

Aragorn
12-07-05, 12:26 AM
a facet redtop is not an EFI pump and i seriously doubt it will be able to produce the required 3 bar of fuel pressure to make the engine run

is the engine management light coming on?

if so then the fault codes will tell u whats wrong with it,

if its not, then fix the light first before doing anything

and yes the map sensor needs to be attached

Ojc
12-07-05, 11:52 AM
Speedo sensor thingy bob, mine would'nt start without voltage going to it even though its not actually doing anything.

Rob-16v
12-07-05, 07:32 PM
a facet redtop is not an EFI pump and i seriously doubt it will be able to produce the required 3 bar of fuel pressure to make the engine run

Right i bought the red to pump coz thought it wuz the daddy......then 2 days ago i looked at this advert for one, it said 'carb pump'.........gutted!
It doesnt say anything bout it been a carb pump on rally design.........................for sale,facet red top pump 30 minutes use.
:roll:
what pump should i use?

Rob-16v
13-07-05, 10:44 PM
OK! today was a good day! shes alive and sounds awesome,off the get the exhaust made on sat morning so she'll be out and about! thanks aragon for the fuel pump info and thanks to jamie for the wiring.