PDA

View Full Version : Where does the starter sit in a 1.3 nova engine??

CorsaNova
10-07-05, 03:46 PM
I'm a proud owner of a nova 1.3, and the last months(!) it's been makeing a crapy sound when I turned the key around to start it :?

So when I this morning was going to start my car, the engine is totally dead when I turn the key around. All the display is Ok (so is the stereo, lightning etc.)

I managed to start the car by pushing it and then release it in the 1.st gear..

I've checked the battery, so it's OK. (12,7V with the engine off)

I've been thinking it's the startet thats dead, but were is it positioned in the enigne bay and what does look like??..some pics please!:roll:

Rob-16v
10-07-05, 04:55 PM
its down the back of the engine where the engine block and the gearbox meet up.its a cylinder shape with another smaller cylinder shape on the top.2 bolts and a bracket possibly,disconect the battery before you do anything.

CorsaNova
10-07-05, 06:05 PM
Thnx!

I just located it... is it hard to change on you're own?

I'm thinking of the connection from the starter to the engine...is it just to pull it out after releasing the 2 screws and the battery?

Rob-16v
10-07-05, 06:54 PM
it'll jst come out, maybe fall out.

CorsaNova
10-07-05, 07:03 PM
Oki, thnx!

Riggy
10-07-05, 10:29 PM
if you can do it from unerneath as it can be a bitch from above on your own - i had to do mine last weekend :lol:

Nick
10-07-05, 10:51 PM
it is very easy, two bolts and some wires - but it's hard to get at

i enjoyed taking that spanking new one of the 1.6 the other day riggy :-D Don't even need to clean it !

Riggy
10-07-05, 10:57 PM
^^^ lol i could have done with that one lol

i burnt my other spanking new one out , my main power cable lost its nut and came of a was sparking like fuck :lol:

CorsaNova
11-07-05, 05:09 PM
It took me about 1 hour to get ridd of the old one and replace the new!

The engine was hot as h*** naturally, so I got from it with my fingers lighter cooked...
I had to work both upper and under the car to manage to loosen the starter. The new one I got was about half the size of the old one...!

Anyway...the car feels like new when I now turn the key to start it :D

Glad I don't need anymore to push it down (and up!) the streets to start it, e
specially when I work as an salesman and keeps visiting customers all day long :oops: