PDA

View Full Version : Cossie Bashing :) *Videos*

Dar
10-07-05, 01:54 PM
I went to the RS Day at Castle Combe on Saturday to see if I could get in on the day. Fortunatly I managed it. woohoo :D

The event wasn't well organised at all so and it was back to the days of queuing for ages to get on the track. I was well prepared to get overtaken by a fair few cars because everything was cosworth powered and those things just aint slow! Lots of striped out racers there as well.

But to my supprise none of the them came past. The only car that past me (legally) was a RS Focus race car. The funny thing was that I knew the guy. He has spent a small fortune on the car and it currently running 330bhp so I wasn't dissapointed about it.

I mounted my camera on the roof of the car this time. The footage looks well cool. My bonnet flexes quite badly at higher speeds. So I may do something about that.

I passed a car from scoobyzone who said that he will put some footage of the Nova up on his site. He had a cameras front and back :) Can't wait to see that.

Anyway - Great day 8) I will post again once I have the footage hosted on the net

Dar :mrgreen:

Riggy
10-07-05, 02:04 PM
sounds excellent dar i love watching you footage lol :lol:

ANDYRACER
10-07-05, 02:33 PM
:D Another quality video to watch. :D I luv watchin ur videos Dar always loads of action going on. :+:

Adam Moran
10-07-05, 03:05 PM
The suspence is killing me :lol:

Come on Darren.... upoad upload upload :lol: :lol:

Dar
10-07-05, 03:25 PM
Im on the case :D
It always takes sooooo long when your dealing with big files :(

This is the RS Focus that passed me
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/sk0609/DSC_0081.jpg

p5yco
10-07-05, 07:29 PM
sounds good cant wait to see the vid

STE Novavanman
10-07-05, 08:37 PM
yeah id like to see the vids too

Dar
10-07-05, 08:56 PM
I have cut a section out of my first run. So that I could up the video quality. I've also put up my big sideways moment.

Checkout how much the bonnet moves when im flatout down the back straight :o

www.daxtek.co.uk

1st Clip is 16mb
The slide clip is 1mb

srs1
10-07-05, 09:18 PM
that sideways is awsome. you held that together well.

wish the video was longer, wanted to see you do those two infront

ANDYRACER
10-07-05, 09:21 PM
Now thats a proper front wheel drift :lol: U managed to hold that well. Very impressive driving. :+:

Dar
10-07-05, 09:22 PM
Bugger that video WAS longer!! Gurr. Will fix!!

Dar
10-07-05, 10:09 PM
Video fixed - It will now include a cossie being passed at the start and then finishes after I pass the scooby and BMW.

Enjoy :twisted:

Riggy
10-07-05, 10:15 PM
there top :lol:

that bmw sideways was quite cool aswell

SKoob
10-07-05, 10:30 PM
Nice vids there Dar, one of my mates was there watching and he's a proper Ford nut, only vehicles that his family own and drive are Fords :lol: He said I "should of gone to watch aswell", to which I replied "um.... no thanks, watching primarily fords going round the track isn't my cup of tea" :P . He then said "no you would of liked it, guess what one of the quickest cars there was", I thought some mental high powered cossie, he said "it pains me to say it, it was a nova" :lol: :D He was very reluctent to send me his vids of it aswell at that point :lol: Fairplay and well done Dar :)

srs1
10-07-05, 10:32 PM
he couldn't take the pressure then.
could have swipped you out on the way back in

Marc
10-07-05, 10:42 PM
well done mate enjoyed watchin that video :D

:o christ you bonnet was going all over lol also if the video does the engine sounds any justice its must sounds mint :D also love the drift bet if anyone got any pictures of it would look class! :D

well done mate

Marc

Nick
10-07-05, 10:49 PM
what was in the BMW ? was quite quick

and the answer to your bonnet flex problem ! - I think that a nova bonnet was never designed to do 150mph lol maybe but a cross brace underneath it ?

jamie gsi16v
10-07-05, 11:38 PM
well done mate loved you bit of sideways action, that bmw got you abit worried just before you past him didnt it, noticed you hesitated at first but still showed him who was boss!! well done :wink:

dhdev (Oli)
11-07-05, 08:03 AM
that was well impressive dar :!: you seem to carry much more speed thru the corners than the rest. the slide looked awesome too :D

Dar
11-07-05, 10:02 AM
Scoob - lol classic - Thats made me smile.

The BMW was driven by a mate of mine. He lives for going sideways :twisted: I've never seen him lose a car on a bend yet! He knows what hes doing. Thats why I was quite confident about staying close to him. The BMW has a M3 Evolution engine in it. Straight six and about 330bhp.

Chris
11-07-05, 11:16 AM
Great video Dar, my bonnet does the same at higher speeds. Some very nice driving, how many times have you done the circuit now?

Chris

Nath
11-07-05, 12:50 PM
wicked video m8. u see the cossie go off backwards at 90mph and hit the wall?

Phil_G
11-07-05, 01:03 PM
Car sounds awesome pal and very well driven.. love that slide!!

Phil

Dar
11-07-05, 01:50 PM
Chris - I have had the Nova on track for about two years I think i've done Castle Combe about 9 or 10 times. I had many, many passenger rides in my dads car before building mine though.

I seen the Cossie go off. I didn't expect it to hit the wall as hard as it did!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/IMAGE_063.jpg

Ouch! He was driving it a bit silly though.

The thing that made me laugh were the people who came up to me to ask what was in my car. I told them that it was a standard 2.0 16v running throttle bodies and they seemed dissapointed and usually just wandered off :?

Marc
11-07-05, 06:59 PM
christ :o thats cossie was fucked! lol at the people asking its no easy task just imaging if u tuned the engine as well with tb would be awsome :D

STE Novavanman
11-07-05, 07:24 PM
dar is you car the one on the videos on modelnovas

Mike.
11-07-05, 09:17 PM
I have cut a section out of my first run. So that I could up the video quality. I've also put up my big sideways moment.

Checkout how much the bonnet moves when im flatout down the back straight

fibre glass bonnet?

the bonnet pins were doing there job lol, awesome video dar :wink:

Dar
11-07-05, 10:03 PM
Yes its a fibreglass bonnet. I may put another bonnec pin in the middle to try and sort that movement out. But as you rightly say Mike they are doing there job.

srs1
11-07-05, 10:05 PM
dar is you car the one on the videos on modelnovas

the one with black wheels is mike oxfords as it says
then there's mine also

Mike.
11-07-05, 10:18 PM
Yes its a fibreglass bonnet. I may put another bonnec pin in the middle to try and sort that movement out. But as you rightly say Mike they are doing there job.

how did the ones on the bumpers hold up :lol:
has it made a difference aswell

Dar
11-07-05, 10:36 PM
The bumpers have been great. No one said that they where flexing or anything strange like that. So all good :)

The extra weight saving is obviously an advantage but I didn't notice it on track.

What I am noticing now is that the car needs checking and bits tightening up alot more. Its quite frightening how fast stuff can come undone. I have got in to the habit of taking the car off of all four wheels and checking all the steering,engine and other vairous bits and bobs after a trackday.

womble sri
11-07-05, 11:42 PM
yeah mate taht vid puts a smile on my face even after the 20th time i watch it i envy you and wish ihad a nova and taht it was that fast still hopefully ill have anice one soon and next year hopefully it will be that good, nice drivin

STE Novavanman
12-07-05, 06:06 PM
srs1 is your the saloon that has the big off

Riggy
12-07-05, 08:21 PM
^^

mikes
http://www.modelnovas.com/modelmike2.jpg

annas
http://www.modelnovas.com/modelanna1.jpg

seans
http://www.modelnovas.com/modelsrs3.jpg