PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Catch

Matt2107
07-07-05, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know how the little metal spring piece fits into the front panel.

Also where is the bonnet cable supposed to run?

Cheers lads

pickle
07-07-05, 03:40 PM
i think there is a little catch in the front panel where the bonet goes into and it clips itself to the catch. the spring is just to keep the bonnet tight isnt it.

Matt2107
07-07-05, 05:08 PM
Right I've fixed the spring into the front panel but I need someone to post an engine bay pic and draw a line following the route of the cable round the engine.

I'll be eternally grateful.

jamie gsi16v
07-07-05, 05:15 PM
no pic but it runs along ur bulk head just behind the inlet manifold, then under your washer bottle/headertank and into your front pannel.

ade
07-07-05, 11:22 PM
check the setting fdor your bonnet catch - if its too tight, it wont shut and will pop open!

Happened to me when I resprayed my bonnet...didnt set it up right, right pain in the anarse - if its too tight the bonnet will be pulled too far down and wont line up with the wings - also the gap from bonnet to wing will be too big/small...

The bonnet release cable runs from drivers side, along bulkhead to passenger side, around water bottle, down towards from passenger light across the slam panel, where there should be a little clip that secures it to the panel itself. I think the cable runs inside the panel and onto a release catch - this needs to be set up right otherwise the bonnet wont lock down.

Ade

Matt2107
08-07-05, 01:04 PM
ahhh i wondered why i had different size gaps between my wings and bonnet - cheers ade

Now i have a small problem.

I've had my SR taken away for scrap because i couldnt even give it away on here and the old front panel was in the back which had the clip for the cable.

Anyone got one going spare?